Now have 3 of 6 Colt Woodsman's ever made for the Boston Police Pistol Team!

Ben Cartwright SASS

NES Member
Some years back I got a matched set of Colt Woodsman pistols, sequentially serial numbered. The Colt Historian told me that only 6 of these guns were ever made for the Boston Police Pistol Team and they were all sequentially serial numbered. I had never seen another one until a BPD officer told me about one in an Auction last week.
I was lucky to be able to be the winning bidder!

I now have 3 out of 6 of the pistols!!! I will be showing them at the gun shows in the fall.

20230328_183537a.jpg20230328_183547.jpg

That’s neat as hell. Missing 77, 78, and either 74 or 80; any history of where they may have ended up?

Either way, those are cool finds.

First the "new to me" one has a target grip on it, It is a vintage older grip, not sure if it came from BPD that way or not but the other two have the grips they came from BPD with.
I have letters on the first two and just got this one today so will call Colt tomorrow to get a letter on it and maybe a letter confirming all 3 in one letter.

It was on Liveauctioneers and they estimated $650-$1600, I was willing to go to the high end since I already have 2 of the 6 made, this would give me 3 of 6. I put a bid of $1500 on the opening of $300. on the day of the auction it slammed right up to $600 and I got it for $650, I am very happy! Now with 3 of them I think it increases the value of the set.

If I were you, this would inspire me until the day I died trying to hunt down the remaining 3.

i love collections like this...very cool.

do you have any memorabilia of the team itself? photo's, documents?

i love collections like this...very cool.

do you have any memorabilia of the team itself? photo's, documents?

Yes I do, pictures and medals and a silver trophy

Xk6QIhIl.jpg

Back
Top Bottom