Noveske: Space Invader 9mm, and the Noveske 9 rifles and pistols

Reptile

NES Member
"Product Announcement: We are pleased to announce the Space Invader 9mm, and the Noveske 9 rifles and pistols. Coming Q2. Pricing and Specs forthcoming soon. And don’t worry, we haven’t forgot about 10mm. While a lot of companies would have released in its current state we are perfecting it to our spec."

50163262_2242347635785637_5027622849079148544_n.jpg 50120749_2242347659118968_8077189825561624576_n.jpg

Is a 9mm AR15 style lower banned under Maura's edict?

Can I build up a lower like this?

I’m curious myself, I found myself eyeing the quarter circle 10 upper/lower and these noveskes yesterday

"Product Announcement: We are pleased to announce the Space Invader 9mm, and the Noveske 9 rifles and pistols. Coming Q2. Pricing and Specs forthcoming soon. And don’t worry, we haven’t forgot about 10mm. While a lot of companies would have released in its current state we are perfecting it to our spec."

View attachment 264821 View attachment 264822

Is a 9mm AR15 style lower banned under Maura's edict?

Can I build up a lower like this?
is it "interchangeable"?

“1. Similarity Test: A weapon is a Copy or Duplicate if its internal functional components are substantially similar in construction and configuration to those of an Enumerated Weapon. Under this test, a weapon is a Copy or Duplicate, for example, if the operating system and firing mechanism of the weapon are based on or otherwise substantially similar to one of the Enumerated Weapons.”

So I guess although it’s a different bolt, gas system, doesn’t take ar mags etc because it shares and ar trigger group we probably won’t find an ffl to transfer one in. Am I understanding this correct?

“1. Similarity Test: A weapon is a Copy or Duplicate if its internal functional components are substantially similar in construction and configuration to those of an Enumerated Weapon. Under this test, a weapon is a Copy or Duplicate, for example, if the operating system and firing mechanism of the weapon are based on or otherwise substantially similar to one of the Enumerated Weapons.”

So I guess although it’s a different bolt, gas system, doesn’t take ar mags etc because it shares and ar trigger group we probably won’t find an ffl to transfer one in. Am I understanding this correct?

You're missing something. The word "and" indicates both the "operating system" (what ever the f*** that is supposed to be) as well as the firing mechanism. 9mm ARs are blowback operated, not DI like the enumerated weapon (Colt AR-15). IANAL, but to me this indicates that a 9mm AR should be fine. Just because it looks the same, it doesn't mean it operates the same.

I think others have come to this conclusion as well, since I've seen a lot of DSI 9mm ARs being sold in gun shops lately.

The real problem with these is that since SBRs are "Firearms" in MA, I think they would need to be on the pistol list to be sold via FFL.

You're missing something. The word "and" indicates both the "operating system" (what ever the f*** that is supposed to be) as well as the firing mechanism. 9mm ARs are blowback operated, not DI like the enumerated weapon (Colt AR-15). IANAL, but to me this indicates that a 9mm AR should be fine. Just because it looks the same, it doesn't mean it operates the same.

I think others have come to this conclusion as well, since I've seen a lot of DSI 9mm ARs being sold in gun shops lately.
Thanks for that! I didn’t quite catch the “and” part. I’d like to reach out to some of these shops

Because you want 9mm instead of .300 blk? Let's be honest, the people buying either one usually have stupid money to blow, so this is probably not a valid argument to them.

That’s the part I don’t understand. 300BLK will outperform 9mm in every way possible.

PCCs just don’t make sense anymore, unless you’re skinflinting and buying a HiPoint.

That’s the part I don’t understand. 300BLK will outperform 9mm in every way possible.

PCCs just don’t make sense anymore, unless you’re skinflinting and buying a HiPoint.

I have never let cost define any decision I make. With thats said, I pay around a $1 a round to shoot the HB with 300BLK subsonic. If I take one my my PCCs I'm paying .17 cents for the same subsonic fun. If we are f***ing around having fun we may go through 300 - 500 rounds. I'm far from cheap but it crosses the mind. 300BLK or 9mm, it all makes a ding when it hits steel.

The real problem with these is that since SBRs are "Firearms" in MA, I think they would need to be on the pistol list to be sold via FFL.
Before the word "and" is the phrase "for example." As in one of possibly many. The reality is nobody knows.

I have never let cost define any decision I make. With thats said, I pay around a $1 a round to shoot the HB with 300BLK subsonic. If I take one my my PCCs I'm paying .17 cents for the same subsonic fun. If we are f***ing around having fun we may go through 300 - 500 rounds. I'm far from cheap but it crosses the mind. 300BLK or 9mm, it all makes a ding when it hits steel.

Dont forget we’re talking about paying ~$3k for a rifle, here.

And .22 makes the steel go ding, too. That isn’t something I worry about, personally. I worry about poking holes in things that need holes poked in them, and 9mm just doesn’t even compare to 300BLK in that regard.

The first one looks like the pistol and forward grips on a pistol are illegal.

That looks like a Honey Badger rifle stock. The pistol brace looks a little different. It’s an SBR.

Also, they’re not so much illegal, the pistol just becomes an NFA-controlled firearm.

The first one looks like the pistol and forward grips on a pistol are illegal.

The first one is an SBR but could easily have a pistol brace and an angled grip. Then again who can keep track, 90 degree grips, bad, BCM Gunfighter, good. f*** the ATF.

Dont forget we’re talking about paying ~$3k for a rifle, here.

And .22 makes the steel go ding, too. That isn’t something I worry about, personally. I worry about poking holes in things that need holes poked in them, and 9mm just doesn’t even compare to 300BLK in that regard.

If it's subsonic, does 300blk have an advantage over 9mm other than penetrating body armor? 9mm will leave a larger diameter hole at .355 and even larger if hollow point. Assuming adequate penetration on the part of the 9mm round, does subsonic 300 blk move fast enough to make up for the fact that it has a smaller cross section? Or is it just that you can get soft points that will expand to a larger cross section than the 9mm due to the additional mass of the bullet?

If it's subsonic, does 300blk have an advantage over 9mm other than penetrating body armor? 9mm will leave a larger diameter hole at .355 and even larger if hollow point. Assuming adequate penetration on the part of the 9mm round, does subsonic 300 blk move fast enough to make up for the fact that it has a smaller cross section? Or is it just that you can get soft points that will expand to a larger cross section than the 9mm due to the additional mass of the bullet?

Whether we compare subsonic to subsonic, or super to super, 300BLK:

-will penetrate soft armor
-utilizes heavier projectiles
-utilizes projectiles with better ballistic coefficients
-shoots flatter
-has a longer effective range
-more cartridges in the same length magazine

ETA: supersonic 300BLK moves about 50% faster than 9mm out of the same barre length.

Literally the only advantages 9mm has are cost and a 18-20% larger unexpanded cross section.

Last edited:
There are ffls in mass that will transfer in 9mm stripped lowers. it is not considered a copycat of a DI ar15.

There are ffls in mass that will transfer in 9mm stripped lowers. it is not considered a copycat of a DI ar15.
If I were to obtain one like these Noveske's - how would I they stay legal in Mass?
Would I have to register as a SBR with NFA?

Back
Top Bottom