November 2020 Giveaway: Surplus Norinco SKS

Thanks, this is a fun read. I half-wrote one for the September giveaway (M&P Shield .380), but right now I can only talk about how the design of the gun is interesting but it needs to go back to S&W for a recall. Oops.

I have been told, but never verified that if the firing pin is placed in the bolt backwards, that it will protrude from the bolt face and slam fire the entire magazine.

Hoppes #9 for me!
yep, and if it will rust - don`t psyche out, just shoot the rust out. an important part is always clean and oil it quick.
the sks i used to hunt with ages ago, if we would stay in the forest overnight would have rust on the next morning, always. and a first shot would always spit out quite a bit of it.

I have been told, but never verified that if the firing pin is placed in the bolt backwards, that it will protrude from the bolt face and slam fire the entire magazine.
If it is surplus and all the cosmoline is not cleaned out of the firing pin, that's how it happens, ask me how I know? I only had 3 rounds loaded

Back
Top Bottom