• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NOV 5th 2017 CMP M1 garand and Mondern Military@ OCSA Pembroke Mass

mac1911

NES Member
That time of year again. Come on out and see what you can do. Some of the matches run at the same dates so you can do more than one if you like.
NEXT MATCH OCT 15 Vintage Military and Garand as issued see flyers below
First match of 2017 will be Sunday April 23
As Issued M1 and Mondern Military

ATTENTION UPDATED TIME ITS NOW 830am for safety meeting see links below for event flyers

BELOW ARE THE FLYERS FOR THE 2017 CMP GAMES AT OCSA.

GARAND MATCH
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_e...RadVN2UDQ/view

SPRINGFIELD MATCH
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_e...?usp=drive_web

VINTAGE MATCH
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_e...gzN2Fqbnc/view

MONDERN MILITARY

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_e...p1R3BIekk/view

DONT HAVE A M1? WAITING ON YOURS FROM THE CMP COME SHOOT A CLUB GUN...

NOTE: THERE IS ALWAYS A SUB MATCH AFTER OR ALONG WITH THE m1 GARAND CLINIC/MATCH CHECK THE FLYERS FOR THE CROSS OVER DATES

ANY QUESTIONS YOU CAN PM ME OR EMAIL CONTACT ON THE FLYER

Last edited:
Last edited:
In. Still won't have a spotting scope, but hoping to pick one up in the offseason, perhaps used when people are looking to upgrade.

Don't really need one for 200....young eyes should be able to see the spot and score disc at 200

CMP Nov 6th M1 clinic/match and mondern military Last one this year.

See links in post #1

Last edited:
2017 season is here

This year at pembroke there maybe a change in the format Might switch the 35 round match vs the 55 round match.
For the 1st match bring 55 rounds for each match you plan to shoot in. just incase

Is this a time saving measure?
time and ammo the feed back for why many don't attend the cmp matches is ammo expense. It wont really speed things up per say as that requires shooters to stop chit chatting and being ready[smile]

Looking forward to making a few of these. Putting in my 2 cents for having target pullers if at all possible.

I'm thinking that the 30 round format will save ~15 minutes. Definitely 10 minutes for the reduced slow prone and ~5 minutes for skipping the sitting rapids.

Looking forward to making a few of these. Putting in my 2 cents for having target pullers if at all possible.

I'm thinking that the 30 round format will save ~15 minutes. Definitely 10 minutes for the reduced slow prone and ~5 minutes for skipping the sitting rapids.

Yeah I'm thinking about 40 min per relay...but again the time lost is in the chit chat and not being ready...
Pullers....is what it is. Depends on turn out. I need to run out of there at 1:15 finished or not.
If we start right at 10am and we have 3 relays the relays should be run through quickly.
2 min prep for 6min. 15min prone, 1min rapid, 10min standing give 10 mins for BS.
40 min.... that's puts us to 1pm... not a huge time saver really.
The last match was long for 8 shooters.

I will only be shooting one of the matches... undecided on MM or M1?

Are they only using the covered 200 yard range?
Will they leave the 100 yards open to other shooters?

Yes, but the Match typically takes priority over the range going hot/cold.

Yes it does..... any "event" has control of the range/ranges they are on.
IDPA has the pistol range shut down now also. I'm not sure if this is for safety or they are going to use the pistol range also.
IDPA rolls through pretty quick. They are usually done by 1:00....40 plus shooters...

Also worth mentioning the cost is now $12 up from $10 last year per the website flyer.

Im practicing hard core!!!

Basically the only real range time I get
Daisey 853 25 yards off hand. in general If I can hit these spoons at 25 yards off hand I "should" be able to hold the black. Now thing is this little 853 is more accurate than a lot of my milsurps
boring video ahead.....crazy one of the few days My kids and family don't want anything to do with me...

Last edited by a moderator:
Scope on the MM upper was a complete cluster. POI is moving all on its own- as much as 6 moa. Part of the source of my frustration. I'm not the only one on the forum to have a Vortex with the wandering POI. By now I'd like to be all organized for any upcoming matches but am still in the C-F zone for now. Will contact Vortex...

Now I can't find my front post that I removed off of this upper. Guess I'll need to steal one off of my SR upper and order a spare. I hope it's on the upper- if not I'll have to order something. I'm already stealing the removable handle/rear sight off of my SR upper.

Need to dust off the Garand too. Day off tomorrow, so I'll go to the range with the MM AR, the Garand, and probably the 513T to practice offhand. Will make a decent day of it and bring drinks and food.

We skipped our local club fun matches last summer and fall because our range chairman had some serious and unexpected health issues. Looks like I may have the green light to organize 3 or so matches. Will be nice to do, even if I don't shoot...

Nice day for it. Oh yeah, I picked up an A2 which should comply to the MM rules. Should have it this week..... Looks like there are 4 MM matches this year.

found out yesterday morning that i'm not going overseas...then found out in the late afternoon that there's still a good chance i'm going as there's a spot on the plane for me! regardless, I cooked up 60 rounds yesterday so I can shoot two courses of fire this weekend in between packing...and maybe unpacking...and then packing again probably.

Back
Top Bottom