Nothing worse than...

Heading to the range on a day off only to be greeted by the club President to inform you that they are doing maintenance on the range for the morning.

Instead of shooting my new CZ I ended up doing yard work... lame.
Dude, that happened to me once.

I turned around and went to the other range I am a member of.

[laugh]

There is nothing worse than a club that doesn't have an accurate calendar.
Mass Rifle did that to me over the summer. Nothing on the calendar, then apparently there's a board of directors shoot on the outdoor range as soon as I get there. I was told I should've signed up for the "e-blast" (what boomer still uses that term?) to get the notification. I was livid.

Heading to the range on a day off only to be greeted by the club President to inform you that they are doing maintenance on the range for the morning.

Instead of shooting my new CZ I ended up doing yard work... lame.
This is what backyard ranges are for.

When I am president, everyone will have a backyard range.

I’ve forgotten ear pro a few times and a key to my stuff at least 3-4 times. Not fun
I was out riding the other day, and a shooting opportunity that I couldnt turn down presented itself. I had everything but ear pro. I made a shemagh ear pro setup and went to town, err, dumped a few mags. That was over a week ago, my ears are still ringing, 9mm pistol.

I ordered 10 new pairs of ear pro!

45 minutes? That's like going away on vacation!!!!!!!!! [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl]

I have about a 5-10 minute drive across town, and wish it was closer.
I have to take about 5-6 steps onto my deck before letting them fly….otherwise I have to make repairs to the screen slider. Ejecting brass is not kind to the screen….

Join clubs, get club shit.

Should have just shot in your back yard.

If forced to do club crap, I would join elsewhere as yours isn't informing their members what is going on.

Dude, that happened to me once.

I turned around and went to the other range I am a member of.

[laugh]

As you know I live really close to the club. I can't tell you how many times other members have called asking if they could borrow a magazine or use my keys to get in the gate.

If you help the 10 guys who do all the work at the club, the job will get done sooner & you can get to shooting quicker..... (instead of banging a U-ey & peeling out whilst being pissed at the guys who do all the work at your club) ;)
We have over 200 members at my club, but it's always the same 8 - 10 people that show up for the work parties.
I find it less than amusing when there's someone shooting on a range when the cleanup crew shows up, then the shooter packs up and leaves.

I try to keep spares of ear pro and eye pro and stuff like that in my truck for that very reason.
Yup!!! I used to have disposable ear pro in my car and bug out bag.

I somehow did not have them. Not a happy day.

I have a spare set in my car as a result.

I’ve forgotten ear pro a few times and a key to my stuff at least 3-4 times. Not fun

Yep. The Mystery of the Forgotten Key is the great unwritten Hardy Boys book of my life on shooting ranges.

I drove up to zero a new AK a little bit ago, only to find a work party picking-and-shoveling near the gate. I continued on my way; I only had about a half-hour to spare, so I just went home.

Granted, I didn't jump in with them. But I'd never set up and shoot while others are working, either. That just seems like bad manners.

We have over 200 members at my club, but it's always the same 8 - 10 people that show up for the work parties.
I find it less than amusing when there's someone shooting on a range when the cleanup crew shows up, then the shooter packs up and leaves.
Why?

If they wanted to volunteer for it they would. That’s what makes it volunteering.

Back
Top Bottom