Nothing Good Comes Out of a .40

I looked into that a while ago for my Shield.
Someone mentioned that it was cheaper to trade it in for a Shield 9. However, I can also get a .45 barrel and have 3 guns in one. I'll have to get the appropriate mags as well
Pretty sure you can’t put a .45 barrel in a .40. You can put a 9mm & .357Sig in a .40 tho. M&P and Glocks. I imagine other makes too bit the ones I have done it w are those.

The other thought is do you really want to have a drop in barrel in an EDC? I have drop in 9mm barrels for a M&P40 full size & Glock 22 but I don’t carry those. Both fire great w 9mm but then again I rarely shoot either of them much. Not sure I’d trust carrying a subcompact gun w a drop in barrell although I have a friend that out one in his .40 and it works fine (he eventually bought a Shield 9 and used the .40 w the 9mm barrel for practice).

Pretty sure you can’t put a .45 barrel in a .40. You can put a 9mm & .357Sig in a .40 tho. M&P and Glocks. I imagine other makes too bit the ones I have done it w are those.

The other thought is do you really want to have a drop in barrel in an EDC? I have drop in 9mm barrels for a M&P40 full size & Glock 22 but I don’t carry those. Both fire great w 9mm but then again I rarely shoot either of them much. Not sure I’d trust carrying a subcompact gun w a drop in barrell although I have a friend that out one in his .40 and it works fine (he eventually bought a Shield 9 and used the .40 w the 9mm barrel for practice).
Those are great points. I'm so comfortable with my Shield as my EDC, and my SR9 is fine as well but a little heavier. My goal this year is to pick up a G19 as another EDC.

Those are great points. I'm so comfortable with my Shield as my EDC, and my SR9 is fine as well but a little heavier. My goal this year is to pick up a G19 as another EDC.
The Shield is much maligned as is .40. I got my shield in 9 and it was a great EDC, the 365 was better so I swapped it out but there’s absolutely nothing wrong w carrying a shield. I loved my Shield.

I bought my .40s early on in my handgun career when it was all the rage. I wouldn’t buy another .40 today but there’s absolutely nothing wrong w having a .40 if you already have one and bought the ammo back then. I have a case or two of .40 including probably 500 JHPs, I have zero problem keeping a full sized .40 as a homepro gun. And yes, I know I’d get a ton of shit if I ever ended up in the tv nooz for lighting up a home invader w a .40. Oh well. If anyone wants to give me shit about that I’d ask them if they’re willing to stand there as I fire a few rounds or .40 at them.

Great out yourself thread [rofl][rofl]

Typical arguments I see on shooting forums:

".40 sucks because a little more power than 9mm isn't worth losing capacity."
".45 is great because losing capacity is a small price to pay for a little more power than 9mm."

There was this one time I was at a 2a type event with a Raffle and you got to pick your prize. I picked the .40 brass over lead, reloading dies, and other items. Just look at my history on mass.gov and you will see

You know, I'm a big 10mm fan and sometimes I think about if there was a smaller one a bit slimmer than the Glock 29 with a bit shorter barrel I might buy one. Of course I would load it with a reduced power, lower recoil 10mm ammo to shoot it faster and more accurately, then I realize I could have all that in a .40 and in an even smaller, easier to carry pistol.

And then the 9mm fanboys and .45 Fudd brigades come at me with their simple minds to scorn me into obedience for thinking outside the box.

You know, I'm a big 10mm fan and sometimes I think about if there was a smaller one a bit slimmer than the Glock 29 with a bit shorter barrel I might buy one. Of course I would load it with a reduced power, lower recoil 10mm ammo to shoot it faster and more accurately, then I realize I could have all that in a .40 and in an even smaller, easier to carry pistol.

And then the 9mm fanboys and .45 Fudd brigades come at me with their simple minds to scorn me into obedience for thinking outside the box.
10mm was too much for you.
9mm was too little.
So you settled for 10.16mm?

Back
Top Bottom