• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Not Worthy of News

This is a good example of why every state needs a castle doctrine, and if this story were reversed it would've made national headlines. Of course, if the city had more social services, such as after school programs, and more entitlements, I'm sure that it never would've happened. They are really just misunderstood youths with bright futures ahead of them if they only were given a chance. [rolleyes]

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20110927_Chased_home__Mob_attacks_man_in_his_house.html?c=r

I can't wait for someone to give it back to these punks. "Yo where's your money we have knives and I got 10 of my boys with me" "Funny, what a coincidence, I have 15 of my boys on my waist of the jacketed hollow point variety, let's have a dance shall we"

I fail to see how a castle doctrine would have helped. It's not like the guy had a gun, but was affraid to use it.

Caslte doctrine or no, when the locked door was kicked in....that seems like it meets the "Immenent death or grave bodily harm." Where's Walt Kowalski when you need him?

Yikes, I feel bad for the father and his family. He takes in two people getting chased by a mob and will probably have to move. Given the mob breaking in to his house, then the parents harrassing him, I'm thinking his time feeling safe in that home is over. [frown]

They don't believe that the attack on LaVelle started as a racial incident, but believe that there was a racial element to it when the mob "called him a white mother------" and when the juvenile's mother allegedly threatened LaVelle.
Uhhh.... What? They are trying so hard to dance around the obvious.

I fail to see how a castle doctrine would have helped. It's not like the guy had a gun, but was affraid to use it.

Caslte doctrine or no, when the locked door was kicked in....that seems like it meets the "Immenent death or grave bodily harm." Where's Walt Kowalski when you need him?
It may not have helped this particular guy, but in general this is the sort of situation it should be in place for.

This sort of stuff just makes my stomach turn. If he was not a gun owner before he best dam well become one. I would never leave the safety of my family in the hands of a phone call.

Back
Top Bottom