• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Not to beat a dead horse about holsters and iwb carry but

Dude, you're 19 and weigh 400 pounds? Maybe you should call the Patriots. Vince is getting on in years.
I played in high school. I could wreck people. My friend max in high school was 425 6'6 and wore a size 21 shoe. Together on the field other team would hesitate to go anywhere near us.

I played in high school. I could wreck people. My friend max in high school was 425 6'6 and wore a size 21 shoe. Together on the field other team would hesitate to go anywhere near us.

I can imagine. I remember when I played we'd watch the visiting team get off the bus to look for the big boys. We'd of shit our pants when you two got off.

My airweight 642 fits nicely in a 9.99 Black Hawk pocket holster from Wally World.

I'm 6'6 and 277 pounds.......and freaking out. Hard to keep the weight off when you're my age.

Nice nylon iwb from Elite Survival. Very comfy in the summer.
4u2apeja.jpg

Fired from my HTC One with high capacity storage

Sportsmans warehouse has a near her suede galco leather iwb. Seems comfortable, my main worry with pocket carry would be printing. It came with a nice fobus ankle holster but I don't like ankle carry

I would go with a Crossbreed Super Tuck paired with the G19. I've tried a few other IWBs most notably the Aliengear which is Crossbreed's direct competitor. The Aliengear faux-leather backing was junk and did not allow the carrier to re-holster very well. The holster itself felt cheap, stuck to me as I sweat during the day and wasn't all that great. The Crossbreed (with combat cut) is much higher quality and will last forever. It is also much more comfortable.

I would go with a Crossbreed Super Tuck paired with the G19. I've tried a few other IWBs most notably the Aliengear which is Crossbreed's direct competitor. The Aliengear faux-leather backing was junk and did not allow the carrier to re-holster very well. The holster itself felt cheap, stuck to me as I sweat during the day and wasn't all that great. The Crossbreed (with combat cut) is much higher quality and will last forever. It is also much more comfortable.

Wait what? Was this their new Cloak Tuck 2.0? Up until very recently the only thing Aliengear used was real leather and Kydex on their IWB holsters. I haven't put my hands on their new cloak Tuck, so I don't know if there is any faux leather involved or not on that one, but it Is my understanding it's just neoprene with an internal stiffener + the Kydex shell..

I'm not sure- this was a couple months ago when I tried a friend's out. I remember the backing had a plasticky aroma and was not too stiff to support reholstering. When trying it I asked my friend if it was real leather, he didn't know. This was my major gripe since I use my Crossbreed+G19 for IDPA. I would compare the holsters to buying a pair of men's shoes at TJ Maxx of unknown, leather looking material versus Allen Edmonds. I think my friend was just thrilled he could get a decent IWB with their special warranty for around $30.

I'm not sure- this was a couple months ago when I tried a friend's out. I remember the backing had a plasticky aroma and was not too stiff to support reholstering. When trying it I asked my friend if it was real leather, he didn't know. This was my major gripe since I use my Crossbreed+G19 for IDPA. I would compare the holsters to buying a pair of men's shoes at TJ Maxx of unknown, leather looking material versus Allen Edmonds. I think my friend was just thrilled he could get a decent IWB with their special warranty for around $30.

Wasn't the CloakTuk 2.0 then, they've only been out a short time. That sounds like no AlienGear holster I've ever seen or even heard off. They use a pretty thick slab of real leather that takes a couple weeks to break in. Very odd indeed.

Back
Top Bottom