• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Not quite a new acquisition...

dwarven1

Lonely Mountain Arms
I actually got this Ruger Mark II several years ago.

MarkIIbefore_zps3d647420.jpg

But since I have to spend some time each week in MA for my day job, I've been shooting with the Ayer bullseye team on Monday nights - just to keep myself busy. And I wanted something a bit better than my Mark I, since it's got the stock trigger, so I decided to trick out my Mark II a bit.

Upgrades:
Volquartsen laminated brown wood right-handed grips: $150
Volquartsen accurizing kit, black: $115
Volquartsen Exact Edge extractor: $12.00
Volquartsen V-comp: $58.50 (hey, I wanted to see if it made much of a difference.)
Sun Optics rail - $23.19
Ultimate Arms red dot - $30 (I know... low end stuff. But it works fine for me; I'm not sure what I'd gain with a smaller dot. With a 265 average, I think it's more me needing to practice more and not the red dot keeping the average down.)
Drilled and tapped the receiver myself.

I'm a Volquartsen dealer (got my FFL now), so I wanted to try some of this stuff that I sell. I have to say, I *really* like the grips and the accurizing kit. The extractor I put in ALL my Rugers, so that was a given for this gun, too. Jury is still out on the compensator - I'm just not sure it makes that much difference in a bull-barreled gun.

Overall, I'm pleased with the results. Match coming up on Monday night, so I'll see how well it works out. (I'm going to bring my Mark I with me, too... just in case!)

Looks great! Question though. Do you actually feel any difference with that comp? Wouldn't think that ports would make any difference when shooting 22lr.

It does look awesome and you have inspired me to make changes to mine. The comp looks cool even if doesn't make a difference.

Awesome looking Mark II...

I'm in the middle of building up Mark II Governmemt Target now. Might PM you for a price on the accurizing kit once I get the gun back from the smith.

BTW.. You've got bigger balls than me drilling and tapping it yourself. Nice job.

Back
Top Bottom