• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Not liking UPS this AM

Expected 19 UPS packages from TX today; 6 overnight AM; 13 regular overnight. I counted 17, so I checked the status of the missing ones:

Hartford, CT, United States 05/20/2014 4:02 A.M. Your package was damaged in transit. We will notify the sender with details. / All merchandise discarded. UPS will attempt to notify the sender with details of the damage
05/20/2014 1:13 A.M. Arrival Scan
Edison, NJ, United States 05/19/2014 9:41 P.M. Departure Scan
United States 05/19/2014 2:33 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

and

Edison, NJ, United States 05/19/2014 11:59 P.M. A UPS error has delayed delivery. We're adjusting plans and working to deliver your package as quickly as possible.
United States 05/19/2014 1:48 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

At least its not in "Crap, er, Cach, IL". Back a few years ago a lot of my stuff got hung up there.

ETA: I had a UPS "gem" the other day where 3 packages as part of the same shipment did not all arrive at the same time... WTF? Wasn't a big deal, but it would have sucked if I had paid for expedited delivery.

-Mike

UPS has been loosing my packages left and right, and I've lost clients because of this.
They don't give a shit, they just write it off as a loss and cut you a check. I've gotten 3 checks in the last 3 months

DHL gave up on domestic haha

Don't get me started on DHL.

A company I worked for back in 2004/2005 used DHL to ship domestically. DHL lost not one but two overnight packages (this was a medical equipment business (catheters) so when a doctor needs something overnight or 2nd day, HE NEEDS IT). The worst part? DHL could not explain what happened to the shipments. They were just gone. We switched to Fedex or UPS for priority delivery at that point.

Don't get me started on DHL.

A company I worked for back in 2004/2005 used DHL to ship domestically. DHL lost not one but two overnight packages (this was a medical equipment business (catheters) so when a doctor needs something overnight or 2nd day, HE NEEDS IT). The worst part? DHL could not explain what happened to the shipments. They were just gone. We switched to Fedex or UPS for priority delivery at that point.

Ahha yeah I know how that is. All of my clients are dentists.

Regular UPS has always been pretty good for me, but my work used to use their trucking company (Rollins) for our daily deliveries from our depot in Dirty Jersey and they left a little to be desired. They NEVER maintained their trailers. I had whole orders not show up (with parts in them that I needed for cars down in the shop) because the driver looked in his side mirror and the whole axle assembly was walking out: the tire was about three feet further out than it should be, the hydros caught on fire on the Jersey turnpike, etc. UPS drivers all seem to be pretty reasonable people too, where as all the different branches of Fed Ex tend to run the gamut between pleasant and the hills have eyes. DHL? I think those guys hired off a damn hippie commune when they were still around[laugh]

Regular UPS has always been pretty good for me, but my work used to use their trucking company (Rollins) for our daily deliveries from our depot in Dirty Jersey and they left a little to be desired. They NEVER maintained their trailers. I had whole orders not show up (with parts in them that I needed for cars down in the shop) because the driver looked in his side mirror and the whole axle assembly was walking out: the tire was about three feet further out than it should be, the hydros caught on fire on the Jersey turnpike, etc. UPS drivers all seem to be pretty reasonable people too, where as all the different branches of Fed Ex tend to run the gamut between pleasant and the hills have eyes. DHL? I think those guys hired off a damn hippie commune when they were still around[laugh]

fed ex ground and fed ex express are different companies essentially, ground contracts out their drivers which is why you can get very odd/shady characters

UPS will try again tomorrow! Even with insturctions to leave it at the back door, my Primary Arms package is still in the big brown truck!
Another curse of the working man...but I'd rather be home waiting for my parts!!

UPS will try again tomorrow! Even with insturctions to leave it at the back door, my Primary Arms package is still in the big brown truck!
Another curse of the working man...but I'd rather be home waiting for my parts!!

Use UPS My Choice and have your packages held, pick them up at your convenience

NO charge to have to held at the pick up facitlity

Based on my personal experience, I have found UPS to 'care' far more than the other big shippers. The drivers take thier routes personally and go out of their way for their customers. Unfortunately exceptions do occur...

I had ordered some things about 10 days ago and when I first checked there was no activity after a couple of days.
I ended up forgetting about it and checked yesterday and it said it was delivered on the 15th.
I had not received the items and was about to contact UPS when the brown truck pulls up with the items that was listed as being delivered on the 15th.
I usually don't have too many problems with UPS but have never had something listed as delivered on a certain day that wasn't actually delivered than it gets delivered severals days later.

On the upside you know where it is and what happened.

UPS is my favorite of the bunch. Funniest delay I ever saw was a package sent from FL.

Delay reason printed right on the status: "Train derailment" [shocked][laugh] Seriously. Got the box two days later.

That is a real shame. Hopefully it was something that can be easily replaced. I had some forged pistons damaged by UPS, cracked the skirts.

Very easily replaced. All I had to do was call my supplier and they have a replacement coming to me via UPS overnight 10:30AM delivery. The supplier is in the business of keeping me alive so they take this stuff seriously.

So let's see...USPS. suck, UPS, suck, suck, FEDEX, suck, suck, suck

Running low on options.

I have had excellent results with USPS Priority Mail. Three day max anywhere in the US for a lot less than the competition.

Hartford, CT, United States 05/20/2014 4:02 A.M. Your package was damaged in transit. We will notify the sender with details. / All merchandise discarded. UPS will attempt to notify the sender with details of the damage
05/20/2014 1:13 A.M. Arrival Scan
Edison, NJ, United States 05/19/2014 9:41 P.M. Departure Scan
United States 05/19/2014 2:33 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

I had the same thing last week in Hartford as well but through Fedex. Ordered a large ammo order and the whole thing got damaged. Now the company is out of all of the ammo I ordered. Nice one. Fedex.

This was sent out yesterday, supposed to be delivered to me today. Got enough scans in there bub? Good thing I have 100+ clients needing these items that I'm not going to get today...

LocationDateLocal TimeActivity
Anchorage, AK, United States05/21/201411:24 P.M.Departure Scan
05/21/201411:51 P.M.Registered with Clearing Agency. Shipment release pending Clearing Agency review. / Your package was released by the clearing agency.
05/21/20146:17 P.M.A mechanical failure has delayed delivery. We're adjusting plans to deliver your package as quickly as possible. / Your package was released by the clearing agency.
Anchorage, AK, United States05/21/20145:56 P.M.A mechanical failure has delayed delivery. We're adjusting plans to deliver your package as quickly as possible.
05/21/20141:40 P.M.Arrival Scan
05/21/20145:02 P.M.We've submitted documentation to a Government agency and are awaiting a response. / Your package is at the clearing agency awaiting further release.
05/21/20145:02 P.M.Registered with Clearing Agency. Shipment release pending Clearing Agency review. / The package is at the clearing agency awaiting final release.
05/21/201412:17 P.M.Registered with Clearing Agency. Shipment release pending Clearing Agency review. / The package is at the clearing agency awaiting final release.
05/21/201412:02 P.M.Registered with Clearing Agency. Shipment release pending Clearing Agency review. / The package is at the clearing agency awaiting final release.
05/21/201411:58 A.M.Registered with Clearing Agency. Shipment release pending Clearing Agency review. / The package is at the clearing agency awaiting final release.
05/21/201411:56 A.M.Registered with Clearing Agency. Shipment release pending Clearing Agency review. / The package is at the clearing agency awaiting final release.
05/21/201411:55 A.M.We've submitted documentation to a Government agency and are awaiting a response.
05/21/201411:55 A.M.Registered with Clearing Agency. Shipment release pending Clearing Agency review. / The package is at the clearing agency awaiting final release.
05/21/201411:55 A.M.Your package is being processed for submission to the FDA or Department of Agriculture. / Your package is at the clearing agency awaiting further release.
05/21/201411:31 A.M.Registered with Clearing Agency. Shipment release pending Clearing Agency review. / The package is at the clearing agency awaiting final release.
05/21/201411:26 A.M.Registered with Clearing Agency. Shipment release pending Clearing Agency review. / The package is at the clearing agency awaiting final release.
05/21/201410:32 A.M.Your package is being processed for submission to the FDA or Department of Agriculture.
Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong05/21/20148:22 P.M.Departure Scan
Kwai Chung, Hong Kong05/21/20147:02 P.M.Departure Scan
05/21/20146:31 A.M.Registered with Clearing Agency. Shipment release pending Clearing Agency review. / The package is at the clearing agency awaiting final release.
Kwai Chung, Hong Kong05/21/20145:41 P.M.Origin Scan
Cheung Sha Wan, Hong Kong05/21/20143:55 P.M.Pickup Scan
Hong Kong05/21/201412:13 A.M.Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Back
Top Bottom