Not in ma

SS1

Like the concept
But that makes it an illegal wall in mass
Link was broken in last post if it's a dupe scrape it

I was trying to post the other one. I believe it’s from “blade” the character Whistler has a fluorescent light that he slaps with his hand, and it drops a shotgun.

R.b0cbc235007e948437ac7a81c50daa42

Will get any little kid what he wants that's out of reach.

I've actually thought of doing something like this for my Webleys, but nicer-looking, using trigger locks for compliance (and wisdom, since I've got small kids).

Plainly, having that thought made me an Innovator! Maybe someone should write an article.

Meh only speaking for myself but I wouldn’t want a set up like that anyway. Legal or not, it’s kinda silly looking. Nothing says FAFO more than your most trusted rifle or shotgun just casually leaning up against the wall with a new sheen of oil sparkling in the pale moonlight. Or the roscoe sitting on the table next to you.

And come on. "Higher than little hands can reach?"

The person who wrote the article is obviously not a parent. There is no place higher than little hands can reach, if the kid's got willpower.
My dad's collection was in an open cabinet on our livingroom wall from before the time I was born. It got a lock and sliding glass doors around the time he died when I was 7, and they were there until our apartment was remodelled when I was around 12. Neither I, my sister, nor any of our friends ever through to touch one, let alone take one down.

Teach them early, let them see / hold them so the curiosity goes away, and kids can deal with it. Today's new "adults"? Not so much.

I have wondered about the level of agita this might cause amoung the hoi polloi in MA:
iu

Modwall is just a plastic slat wall. Also, not necessarially illegal if the firearms are secure.

Trigger lock or cable routed through and connecting to the wall attachment is fine.

Meh only speaking for myself but I wouldn’t want a set up like that anyway. Legal or not, it’s kinda silly looking. Nothing says FAFO more than your most trusted rifle or shotgun just casually leaning up against the wall with a new sheen of oil sparkling in the pale moonlight. Or the roscoe sitting on the table next to you.
The mere aroma of Hoppes 9 or Ballistol should keep predators at bay.

I mean it typically works repelling womenfolk so...

How exactly is this "illegal" in MA? It's a modular wall. :rolleyes:
It's not illegal, you would just need trigger locks, or put it in a lockable gun closet. A locked gun room perhaps. A locked room is functionally a big safe, no? Something like that.

I'd be more interested in lockable furniture with hidden gun compartment. Having guns not only unlocked, but openly visible to anyone who might want to steal them doesnt seem smart. What if a repairman has to make an unexpected visit, etc. I dont want them to see thousands of dollars of guns just sitting out.

As ridiculous as it sounds, if you throw a padlock on each one of those rifles and handguns, it complies with the safe storage law in Massachusetts. Hell you could leave a rifle laying on your bed as long as it's got a lock on it and it complies

Back
Top Bottom