Not an Onion article... seriously you can't make shit like this up.

But they don't market those to children. They market them to adults. Children can't legally buy guns.

They totally can in Virginia, and I think a couple of other states. In Virginia, you need to be 12 to buy a rifle or shotgun, so in a private party transaction, a kid could totally buy a gun. I'm guessing it almost never happens though.

They totally can in Virginia, and I think a couple of other states. In Virginia, you need to be 12 to buy a rifle or shotgun, so in a private party transaction, a kid could totally buy a gun. I'm guessing it almost never happens though.

Interesting. I've still never seen an ad for guns specifically targeted at kids, though. As MensetFAL said (the first part anyway), Hollywood is a much better marketer.

Plenty of cases like those too. From what I've seen, mainstream media tends to ignore those in favor of http://www.hindustantimes.com/world...-year-old-brother-in-us/article1-1210643.aspx (that was a random search looking for the specific case I mentioned.) Here's another where a 5-year-old "was used to shooting the rifle and was playing with it when it went off... The gun, which he received as a gift last year, was inadvertently left loaded with a single shell in a corner of the family's home." (This may be the one I was recalling) http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/05/02/boy-shoots-sister-my-first-rifle/2128573/

Anyway, the gun control nuts seem to focus on "OMG, there are child-sized firearms" instead of concluding that parents need to secure their firearms and educate their kids (and themselves).

The words "common sense" and "guns" in any article, on a Website, etc. make me think "moonbat anti" until I see something that indicates otherwise. Most of the time, my first impression was correct, because gun-grabbers are always convinced they're the only ones who know what's "right."
Right up there with "for the children." [puke2]

does this mean i need to get rid of my spongebob 1911?

img20110819120352.jpg

Attachments

• img20110819120352.jpg
    img20110819120352.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 6
But they don't market those to children. They market them to adults. Children can't legally buy guns.

§ 18.2-309. Furnishing certain weapons to minors; penalty.
A. If any person sells, barters, gives or furnishes, or causes to be sold, bartered, given or furnished, to any minor a dirk, switchblade knife or bowie knife, having good cause to believe him to be a minor, such person shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor.
B. If any person sells, barters, gives or furnishes, or causes to be sold, bartered, given or furnished, to any minor a handgun, having good cause to believe him to be a minor, such person shall be guilty of a Class 6 felony. This subsection shall not apply to any transfer made between family members or for the purpose of engaging in a sporting event or activity.
(Code 1950, § 18.1-344; 1960, c. 358; 1975, cc. 14, 15; 1992, c. 487; 1993, c. 855.)

...Buuut, rifles are OK to sell to a minor in VA?

(Emphasis added.)

Back
Top Bottom