Not a good start to the day

So there I was, happily driving down 495 heading to Bass River. Looking forward to the Pistol competition, and not looking forward to the shotgun side match, since I sighted in the shotgun yesterday and realized that I didn't have reduced recoil slugs!!!.

About the rt 495/195 area I realized I did not pack my gunbelt. And I know I don't have another 1911 holster in the car. So I drove all the way home kicking myself for being so dumb. I hope everybody had fun in the rain, and hopefully I will see you at Manville.[frown]

You're not alone Sean. I stayed home to paint some trim in my house. I'm just taking a break to change my clothes. I forgot that my bucket of paint was on top of my ladder... and went to move the ladder.

You're not alone Sean. I stayed home to paint some trim in my house. I'm just taking a break to change my clothes. I forgot that my bucket of paint was on top of my ladder... and went to move the ladder.

[rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl]

(sorry to be so cruel)

Really didn't start raining until the end of the match.

Last edited:
Steve- That really sux ass!!!! I hope you were able to clean it all up. Swat- that sux about forgetting your belt. Never makes for a fun day.

I too had a bad day. I'm trying to consolidate my cars. I have 2 cars and my wife has 1. I'm taking a new territory at work and will only need 1 car. I went to the car stealership today and they tried to take advantage of me. I got aggrivated and left. Now it is off to other dealers in the morning. ERRRRRR!!!!!!! I wouldn't mind but the dealership I went to was 65 miles from my house and I bought 6 cars from them in the past 2.5 years.

Sean, If you get that far and realize you forgot your holster, you should just go anyway, chances are, someone can loan you one.
My holster will adjust to any 1911, so you'd be welcome to use mine anytime. So we bag our guns and switch belts after the stage, big deal. (and i know i'm fatter than you too, so it would fit)

Steve- You should have come shooting with me.
I didn't even pick up a paint can all day.
So you'd have been safe from falling paint.
Next time you think you need to stay home and work on the house instead of going shooting just think-
am I safer at home?
No, of course you're not. People fall off ladders and get killed all the time.
People fall down the stairs and break their hips all the time
This doesn't happen at a shoot.
You'll be safe and not ruining your house in October.

Sean,
This didn't happen to me. Years ago, a shooter that I think was living down towards Plymouth, arrived at Pelham for a match. Before leaving home, he opened his safe, pulled out a pistol rug, unzipped it a bit, saw the the rear sight was an Elliason, tossed the rug into his bag, and drove to Pelham. When getting ready to shoot, he found he had grabbed his Colt Service Ace! .22LR just won't make major, or even minor :)
So forgetting the belt is not so bad.

Back
Top Bottom