• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Not a deny, but is it??

So, lets just say that you apply for a NR-LTC for antother state.

And I'm only bringing this up because someone said this to me when I told them that I was getting my NH NR-LTC.

Anyway, let's just say that your NR LTC was kicked back because they spelled something wrong and they send you a letter that you need to send more information, or re-apply because something was mis-spelled.

When you go to renew your MA LTC, or apply for any other one, do you have to check Yes off on the app where it asked if you've ever been denyed a LTC in another state?

I assume they would mean flat out denial. Something that would have caused a red flag for the other state that your state might want to know about.

derek said:
I don't think a misspelling constitutes a denial.

That's what I said.

But then they said that any reason that it as kicked back, is a denial. And even if you correct it, it technically was denied at one point.

I'm really not going to worry about it until I get my license back from NH.

And I sent it in last Thursday. Everyone was getting it back in like 5 days. It's now been 8, what's up with that??? LOL!

C-pher said:
derek said:
I don't think a misspelling constitutes a denial.

That's what I said.

But then they said that any reason that it as kicked back, is a denial. And even if you correct it, it technically was denied at one point.

I'm really not going to worry about it until I get my license back from NH.

And I sent it in last Thursday. Everyone was getting it back in like 5 days. It's now been 8, what's up with that??? LOL!

Mine took 10 days C-pher...don't sweat it. It'll probably be in your mailbox by the time you get home from work.

It wasn't a denial, not even technically, it was an administrative action and it was returned for correction. When the correction is made, it is then resubmitted for final adjudication.

The same thing happens with fingerprints. Sometimes the quality is so bad that they are rejected. At that point the prints are returned and we request that the applicant be re-printed so that the process can be completed.

Mark

The way I see it is that Mass will misconstrue anything the way they can in order to get another $100. Unfortunately, I can forsee the state/chief of police denying a LTC renewal because of, not a denial as normal people see it, but a 'returnal' for more information. Can't count on them to see/understand circumstances. It may just as well be a denial in their eyes.
You may have to reapply for the LTC through the chief, but be prepared to prove that it was not a denial as we see it.
I had to go through a similar experience with my chief, (they called me a liar) and had to thoroughly explain blah...blah...blah. No problem after that.

Jeez I hope not...

If that were the case I would be screwed come renewal time. When Maine sent out my application, they sent me the resident cover letter. It doesn't say it's for resident, just what to do and what to send in. The $ amount on the cover letter was for the resident permit. I sent in a check for that amount. A couple weeks later I got my whole application packet returned with a letter explaining that I had been given the resident cover sheet, and I needed to return the packet to them with a check in the correct amount.

I did end up getting my NR license about a month later...

I hope that doesn't constitute a denial...

Adam

Rpriestly jr, I cannot address the specific problem you encountered. Did you promptly fix whatever needed to be corrected on your original application and return it ? Did you have a copy of the form letter that stated what needed to be corrected ? (It is hard to be called a liar when you have proof). I don't know how Chief Cronin is, but Fitchburg used to be pretty reasonable about issuing an ALP LTC.

Now I am not known for being an optimistic sort of person, but to have paperwork returned because of adminstrative error, such as what happened in Maine, could not even in the most Draconian laws (at this time) be construed as a denial. Having worked for the state and having been part of the licensing process in MA, a denial is a denial when you get a letter stating that you have been denied, not a letter stating that there was some kind of adminstrative error which is impeding or preventing completion of the paperwork. If you don't fix it within a reasonable time, you are not going to get a license, but in this case State of Maine didn't deny you a license, it made an administrative error.

My two euros, anyway

Mark

Adam_MA said:
Jeez I hope not...

If that were the case I would be screwed come renewal time. When Maine sent out my application, they sent me the resident cover letter. It doesn't say it's for resident, just what to do and what to send in. The $ amount on the cover letter was for the resident permit. I sent in a check for that amount. A couple weeks later I got my whole application packet returned with a letter explaining that I had been given the resident cover sheet, and I needed to return the packet to them with a check in the correct amount.

I did end up getting my NR license about a month later...

I hope that doesn't constitute a denial...

Adam

I don't see how they could consider that a denial...especially since it was their error in sending you the resident application pack. They might not have even started a file on you at that point, as they probably wouldn't want their mishap on record. I wouldn't consider that a denial at all.

I didn't think it was a denial. My post was nothing more than an actual story of an administrative mix-up that caused my application to be returned. Kind of like pointing out how could it be...

Adam

Back
Top Bottom