Nostalgic Military Shoot, Sunday October 20

cjrubes

NES Member
I thought I'd post this here to see if there was any interest from my milsurp brethren on NES. This Sunday is the nostalgic military shoot at Singletary Rod and Gun in Oxford MA. I'm not a member of Singletary but I've gone to a number of shoots there, particularly the military shoots, and I've always enjoyed myself. So, I thought I'd put the word out there...I hope I'm not stepping on any toes! It'd be great to have a nice crowd on Sunday.

If you haven't made it to this shoot before it's pretty straightforward. Sign up is at 10am and the shoot starts at 11am. It is open to anyone with a milsurp(s) to shoot. There is fee to enter each event (if memory serves me I want to say it's $10 each, $35 if you enter all 4). Here are the 4 events...

Offhand @ 100yds (any milsurp...SKS, Garand, Mauser, etc.)
Carbine @ 100yds (SKS, M1 Carbine, etc.)
Bolt action @ 250yds (Mauser, Mosin, 1903, etc)
Semi-auto @ 250yds (Garand, SKS, etc.)

Each event typically contains 3-5 rounds for each shooter. You shoot head to head against another shooter and the first to knock down 3 steel plates (I don't remember the size of the plates unfortunately...) wins. The shooter with the most wins at the end of the event is declared the winner. There is usually a prize for each event winner (sometimes 2nd and 3rd place as well).

Hopefully I didn't miss any details. I'll be there Sunday with my SKS, Garand and I'll be giving my Finn M39 a whirl in the bolt action event (usually I run my Swedish mauser). If you're free Sunday with nothing to do, come on out. It's a great way to spend some time with other milsurp enthusiasts [mg]

Back
Top Bottom