Norwell police

expedition03

NES Member
Hey, i wanted to open up a small gun shop where i can sell as a dealer, mostly online and gun shows
I found a place in norwell. Has anyone dealt with their pilice, us the chief or official anti. What are my chances to get the licenses from them to sell firearms and ammo. Before i called them. Thx

You won't get your FFL if you tell them you want to do on-line and shows. You need a storefront and hours.

I hope you do well, I tried to do my FFL in kingston in 2008.... the police where the least of the issues.
between permits, licenses, business zone property and such I gave up.
Tried getting a variance to do FFL on my home property....almost got there. Until they tossed a environmental and traffic impact study requirement at me[rolleyes]

hope you get it. Need a location local to me for transfers and such.

Norwell being Norwell I'd be more concerned with the locals squashing it than the popo, the fu-fu is strong there. I'd look to Pembroke or Marshfield before I looked at Norwell, there's a retired Pembroke LEO who tried to run a FFL out of his house years ago and the then chief didn't like the idea of it but they've got(from what I understand) a friendlier chief nowadays. Heck, if you considered Pembroke and stuck it over in the Bryantville section of town I'm sure the folks that belong to the range in Hanson would be pretty happy about a local ammo source. Hell, I know I'd frequent a shop that's only 3.3 miles from the range if I were a member there.

You need a store front with actual hours. Doesn't have to be for long.

Hey, i wanted to open up a small gun shop where i can sell as a dealer, mostly online and gun shows
I found a place in norwell. Has anyone dealt with their pilice, us the chief or official anti. What are my chances to get the licenses from them to sell firearms and ammo. Before i called them. Thx

I live in Norwell and had a very positive experience getting my LTC renewed when I moved here. However, obviously FFL can be tough to get in this part of the state and "online" and "gun show" can set off antis. I would think a professional approach is super important.

Good luck!

I live in Norwell and had a very positive experience getting my LTC renewed when I moved here. However, obviously FFL can be tough to get in this part of the state and "online" and "gun show" can set off antis. I would think a professional approach is super important.

Good luck!

The FFL is relatively easy as long as you meet the requirements, the Feds don't care what state or part of state you are in. But you are required to have a storefront with hours and that may involve zoning.

Now the state licenses are another story. Those go through the local PD. I'm not sure if those are may issue or shall issue, I really should check out this myself.

The FFL is relatively easy as long as you meet the requirements, the Feds don't care what state or part of state you are in. But you are required to have a storefront with hours and that may involve zoning.

Now the state licenses are another story. Those go through the local PD. I'm not sure if those are may issue or shall issue, I really should check out this myself.

Right and once your "approved" by the FEDs your put into contact with the local branch operations inspector who knows exactly what you need on the state level before they actually give you your license. This was all back in 06-07.

Don't forget the FD will have a big say in what and how much of anything(powder ammo primers) you can have in store.

I poked around about getting my ammo sales permit. PD said no issues we just process the app.
The state requires business license and tax ID#.....I did not follow through...
Although the FD said no commercial permit limits ..... had to keep it down to the personal amounts by MA storage regulations....which really is not enough to run a business on.

Back
Top Bottom