Northeast Trading For Sale.

I live in Tewksbury. I believe Carl helped, advised, Shooters Warehouse in Tewksbury when they were starting up, that's what the word was I believe.

Shooters Warehouse had a short life span and I hoped at the time 4-Seasons would take it over (short walk from my home!)

Wasn't meant to be of course and now the building is Heritage Plumbing and I'm still driving to Woburn...

^^^Internet rumors at their best right here^^^

The fact is Shooters closed because the investors that helped them initially open porked them right out of the gate, they did their best to work through that but then a few months later, The owner Kenny took a very bad turn with his health and passed away shortly after

FS never had anything at all to do with shooters

I've been in there, mostly because it's about a three minute walk from my driveway. His prices are nothing to write home about, although he did once throw in a box of shotgun shells with a purchase I made. I prefer Gartman any day of the week, personally.

I wasn't around when the whole "rat" thing went down but from what I've read it wasn't pretty.

It is in a small strip mall, with a salon, a flooring place, and a computer repair guy. Unless he's got stacks of guns in boxes out back, I have trouble believing there's $375K in merch and fixtures in the place even if you count the carpet and paint. Maybe 2 dozen new handguns and a dozen used handguns on display, about the same number of rifles, some of which look like they've been there since the place opened.

There is nothing in that place worth buying,and anyone who is looking to open a gun shop near there will be better off opening a new shop .It's just a matter of time before he has a going out of cheese sale.

Thanks for the clarity. After Taylor Rental ended the Owner continued to be a rental store and propane filling station. He was dealing with cancer even then. When he decided to open the gun shop many of us thought that his health was on the upswing. Sadly it wasn't. Yes, rumors were that Carl was "advising" Kenny the ins an outs of the business.

My Wife is thrilled 4-Seasons didn't take over that spot! LOL!

Too easy for me to come home broke : )

^^^Internet rumors at their best right here^^^

The fact is Shooters closed because the investors that helped them initially open porked them right out of the gate, they did their best to work through that but then a few months later, The owner Kenny took a very bad turn with his health and passed away shortly after

FS never had anything at all to do with shooters

This is rich.... pure AU.... [rofl]

" Buyer must have ability to purchase or finance the inventory of approximately $375,000+"

Yeah I'm sure his inventory is really 375K of stuff anyone would actually want to buy....

Yeah. I didn't get that. So you are selling the business for $75,000 and then you have to buy an alleged $375K in inventory. That's. . . . . 750 or so guns. Really????

Hope he gets pounded on this. Firesales the inventory and closes the whole shebang down. Gosh he is/was such a tool.

But I guess you'll always know where he is because he's got a "POS tracking system." Oh, that means Point of Sale. Nevermind.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been in there, mostly because it's about a three minute walk from my driveway. His prices are nothing to write home about, although he did once throw in a box of shotgun shells with a purchase I made. I prefer Gartman any day of the week, personally.

I wasn't around when the whole "rat" thing went down but from what I've read it wasn't pretty.

It is in a small strip mall, with a salon, a flooring place, and a computer repair guy. Unless he's got stacks of guns in boxes out back, I have trouble believing there's $375K in merch and fixtures in the place even if you count the carpet and paint. Maybe 2 dozen new handguns and a dozen used handguns on display, about the same number of rifles, some of which look like they've been there since the place opened.

A whole box of shells. Wow. LOL

The man is fast to demand payment and slow to pay. Forget every other scummy thing he's done. In my book, you don't pay up when you are supposed to, you can go pound sand. He's like 1,000 other legends-in-their-own-minds types that treat everyone like crap so they can feel good about themselves.

The hilarious thing is at one time NET was probably worth something, I remember years ago he used to come in like 3rd place behind FS and Ware for S&W sales volume in MA. Granted it was a distant third but it used to be a prominent shop. Now it's probably somewhere in the shitter because Gartman and a bunch of others have slowly taken all his business away.
Not to take this thread too far off topic but is it really true that the (now defunct) Ware Gun Shop was really that prominent in the Massachusetts gun sales arena at one time? Second in sales only to FSGuns is a pretty darn remarkable thing.

The good news is there are good and even great shops out there that need our business... as much as we need theirs.
~Matt

What's with the hate bought my first ar and 1911 there. The shop wasn't that bad only reason I stopped going was I stopped going to
NES's considerable reach notwithstanding, there are a whole lot of gun owners out there who still don't have any clue whatsoever about what Ted the Rat pulled... not once but multiple times. Moreover, some who know don't really care. Seems funny to some of us, but it's true. [hmmm]

It still amazes me to this day how Ted the Rat made a living for himself out of that place. For all his sins and standoffish, unfriendly business practices, he must have been doing something right. He certainly outlasted a lot of much better shops. I think his association with a couple clubs down that way must have helped him a lot... plus he had a couple reasonably likable sales people so you really didn't have to deal directly with the Rat in most cases. [laugh]

It's clearly the end of an era. I believe this is a simple case of retirement and not the effect of the 7/20 Dimples Ban or the election of President Trump or even the rebirth of Gartman Arms... not directly anyway. Ted the Rat is old and not exactly in great health. It was time. But I don't think he is going to walk away a happy, wealthy man from selling his shop for big money. [thinking]

Not to take this thread too far off topic but is it really true that the (now defunct) Ware Gun Shop was really that prominent in the Massachusetts gun sales arena at one time? Second in sales only to FSGuns is a pretty darn remarkable thing.

All the skinflints used to drive to ware to buy their S&Ws because they were sometimes even cheaper than FS.

Remember that Ware closed over the same getting in bed with antis shit, being a deadbeat defaulting on ad buys to publications, and sloppily record repeatedly pissing off the ATF auditors.

Ware had gone into the shitter on its own long before that stuff happened.

I'll bet he's got a long-term lease with a high early termination fee. Why else would he try to sell the ongoing business? Otherwise just liquidate the assets and close. With the lease he may need to declare bankruptcy if he doesn't find a buyer. What a buyer would get is his location, fixtures, customer list, technology and potentially his employees. Maybe that's worth $75k, maybe not. The "inventory" is another matter. A liquidating retailer may be happy to recover 50% of their inventory's COST.

If I were to buy his business, I sure as shit wouldn't be keeping his employees. There is zero need for 3 people to be working when, the last time I was in there, I was the only non-employee in the shop for almost half an hour. Nope, if anyone is crazy enough to buy it, their first move should be to make it as lean as possible and build up as needs arise.

I heard about this a year or so ago. (the Realtor is a neighbor of mine). But back then I thought she said, he was getting out of the gun part and keeping the fishing stuff.

Good to see that hes getting out of everything and going away. I have been in there 3 times. Never spent a dime there and wont. I only went because I had to have some work done by Dave Santouri behind him.

I hope he does not get a buyer and just closes up. He screwed us (gun owners) good. So now its time to pay up for that.

Good riddance!

I'm so used to this forum that when I read high end POS computer tracking system in the ad I thought the realtor meant "piece of sh#t'

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

F him. We'll be much better off when guys like him, Dowd, Cohen(another rat who has the AG on speed dial) finally go away.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

$75k for the goodwill days loud and clear the P&L sucks.

If you buy this biz you're paying a lot of money for a business with a tainted reputation and for a job with long hours. A job that likely pays very little in profits and requires a fair bit of risk.

This sounds like a very unrealistic seller...

If I were to buy his business, I sure as shit wouldn't be keeping his employees. There is zero need for 3 people to be working when, the last time I was in there, I was the only non-employee in the shop for almost half an hour. Nope, if anyone is crazy enough to buy it, their first move should be to make it as lean as possible and build up as needs arise.
You need at least two at all time - one to handle a customer sale and the other to watch for shoplifters. It's hard to make sure you are not being robbed blind when you are handling a 4473 and there are other people wandering around with access to your merchandise.

You need at least two at all time - one to handle a customer sale and the other to watch for shoplifters. It's hard to make sure you are not being robbed blind when you are handling a 4473 and there are other people wandering around with access to your merchandise.

with how empty NET has been in terms of customer flow, you can get away with yourself and an assistant. Not even kidding. Thats why I said "build up as needs arise," because the goal is to be in a position that requires having more employees. But with the way NET is now? Not necessary at all. Just lock the door when you have to go take a shit lol

Drove by there today, for sale real estate sign out front, and some junk in the parking lot. Too bad.

Why offer anything? Find an empty store front, buy fresh inventory that YOU want, not some left over, over priced dregs that this guy couldn't move and open your doors. As a matter of fact, if this guy is such a douche, open up a place right near buy and watch the fireworks....

Why offer anything? Find an empty store front, buy fresh inventory that YOU want, not some left over, over priced dregs that this guy couldn't move and open your doors. As a matter of fact, if this guy is such a douche, open up a place right near buy and watch the fireworks....
You will also find numerous vendors eager to sell you a point of sale system.

has anyone figured out what exactly the $75K gets you besides the point of sale system and maybe a few display racks and cases??

The satisfaction of knowing you've sent the retiree on a trip to Tahiti?

If I know that a nickle is going to that scumbag I wouldn't step foot in there, even if I knew that they were selling $20.00 bills for $1.50!

Good point, elegantly put [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom