Northeast Trading For Sale.

This is rich.... pure AU.... [rofl]

" Buyer must have ability to purchase or finance the inventory of approximately $375,000+"

Yeah I'm sure his inventory is really 375K of stuff anyone would actually want to buy....

Last edited by a moderator:
is that seriously the agent's best photo of the shop? a crap-ass aisle with some pellet guns?

my favorite line: High end computer POS tracking system and record keeping are a barrier to entry for others to open a shop. [rofl]

So what exactly is the $75k getting you? the name and a POS machine? Can't be the building at that price. You get to inherit his badly negotiated lease? In a crap location?

So what exactly is the $75k getting you? the name and a POS machine? Can't be the building at that price. You get to inherit his badly negotiated lease? In a crap location?

75K gets you nothing.

Buyer must have ability to purchase or finance the inventory of approximately $375,000+-

So he wants $450,000

He's smoking some serious crack if he thinks anyone is going to put up that kind of cash in a dying market.

is that seriously the agent's best photo of the shop?

Relax, the photo is from 2014 [laugh]

attachment.php

Screen Shot 2017-04-04 at 5.37.29 PM.jpg

You be a complete moron to buy this guy out, over just starting a new place(i realize its easier to say than do)
Ive had multiple people try to sell me their ffl, the shit these guys pull on the last several pages of their bound book before the sale is reason enough to stay away..
If you buy a business that has multiple legal violations it could easily cost you more than the cost of the inventory, loss of freedom and never have the ability to get an ffl again.

" Buyer must have ability to purchase or finance the inventory of approximately $375,000+"

Yeah I'm sure his inventory is really 375K of stuff anyone would actually want to buy....
That is the catch. Not all inventory is the new hot stuff; some is stuff there for ages and has little real value. It is interesting since the seller will be bragging "my connections let you buy cheap" then tries to get "replacement cost" for the inventory. In reality, there should a substantial discount over "replacement cost" when buying out a full shop worth of stuff.

No owner financing available.
A big barrier to sale.

has an excellent reputation.
Except among the people who buy guns.

75K gets you nothing.
The business term for value over the asset value is "goodwill" which, in this case, is somewhat ironic.

Parking Spaces: 25
This suggests a strip mall, which implies the buyer would be taking over a lease.

A rule of thumb in the professional services field (CPA firms, etc.) is the sale price is roughly one years billables. The difference is that though a shop inherits some repeat customers, there is less customer inertia than a CPA shop.

Last edited:
nearest shop is Gartman, all of about 3 miles up the road.. and is a much nicer shop with far larger inventory.

yes.. it is in a little strip mall on the North Attleboro/Plainville line.

It would be nice to have another shop down here for competition.. Gartman, Bass Pro are the only 2 really nearby.

this is a great opportunity for a 4 seasons south...
Carl has great industry connections, buys guns in huge lots, and knows the business inside and out. There is no way he needs anything other than a lease on some empty space if he wants to open up another shop, and he certainly does not need to buy $375k of inventory unless offered at a very attractive discount. I also doubt Carl would want a different POS system from the one already use at FS. And remember, Carl probably pays less than Ted did for the guns in his shop.

Selling inventory to someone buying a gun shop is like selling an individual not in the trade selling a diamond. The seller may think 20% off is a great deal, but in reality, it's going to go at a hefty discount, particularly when "no seller financing available."

Last edited:
If you buy a business that has multiple legal violations it could easily cost you more than the cost of the inventory, loss of freedom and never have the ability to get an ffl again.
Best to structure it as an "assets only" sale rather than trying a "takeover".

Properly done, an "assets only" provides considerable protection against claims arising from stuff that went down before you bought the place. Take over the business, and you could find yourself on the hook for suits and debt collectors down the road.

Carl has great industry connections, buys guns in huge lots, and knows the business inside and out. There is no way he needs anything other than a lease on some empty space if he wants to open up another shop, and he certainly does not need to buy $375k of inventory unless offered at a very attractive discount. I also doubt Carl would want a different POS system from the one already use at FS. And remember, Carl probably pays less than Ted did for the guns in his shop.

Selling inventory to someone buying a gun shop is like selling an individual not in the trade selling a diamond. The seller may think 20% off is a great deal, but in reality, it's going to go at a hefty discount, particularly when "no seller financing available."

Translated: If Carl really wanted to open Four Seasons - South Armpit Region Edition - he could have done it a long time ago. [laugh]

-Mike

Translated: If Carl really wanted to open Four Seasons - South Armpit Region Edition - he could have done it a long time ago. [laugh]

-Mike
Re-translation: If Carl wanted to destroy the existing small gun shops in the Armpit Region, he could have already done it.

But the tracking system is a "POS" [rofl]. That has to be worth something..

This listing is awful.

This is rich.... pure AU.... [rofl]

I seriously doubt that ****knuckle has that ch value in inventory. I was in there a few weeks ago and the place was ****ing barren. Like, bone dry.

Last edited by a moderator:
I seriously doubt that ****knuckle has that ch value in inventory. I was in there a few weeks ago and the place was ****ing barren. Like, bone dry.

Fraternizing with the enemy!! Derek should award you with a two day suspension and you should start a new post and write 100 times "I should slap myself for being weak"

I used to go in and visit Fred. Fred got into the bullet business and I donated some time and material, plus to help him out with the Star sizer. Quality guy.
No reason to go there once Fred passed.

is that seriously the agent's best photo of the shop? a crap-ass aisle with some pellet guns?

my favorite line: High end computer POS tracking system and record keeping are a barrier to entry for others to open a shop. [rofl]

His ego has never shrunk, that is for sure.

Yes it is a small strip mall. No mention of the lease agreement.

Someone would be a lot better off starting up a new shop somewhere than buying HIS reputation!!

Back
Top Bottom