Northeast Shooters 15th Anniversary

Circa 2005, I hope all those Icon's were spinning GIF's
View attachment 342504

This reminds me of my attitude over my last 14 years here:

New forum format
Me: "God, this new format sucks. I'll never get used to it. I liked the old one better."
Next new forum format
Me: "God, this new format sucks. I'll never get used to it. I liked the old one better."
Next new forum format

...and so on, and so on

Meant to say it yesterday and got distracted so I'll say it now. Happy Anniversary NES! I lurked for awhile but joined in May 2005 so not the first but #199. Lot's of great discussions, interesting discussions, informative discussions and some not so good but the good far outweigh the bad and I'm glad to be here! [cheers] [party]It's been a blast![mg]

nice to see all the low number folks on this thread. i'm#40111, joined feb 2013. got my LTC in 2012.

grew up in dorchester in the '60's, no exposure to firearms. thought about it in the 90's, took a course and never did anything. finally turned the corner, and have learned more on NES than i ever could have imagined possible.

thanks to derek, the mods, and especially all the great members here sharing their knowledge.

IMO the reason this board has survived and prospered(in the past maybe decade) is due to the moderation of DrGrant.

Obviously not taking away from the behind the scenes shit that Derek does, but the day to day ops and moderating without silencing has kept people around..Moderators can, and do, drive people away from message boards.

So Mike, this buds for you [wave]

Happy 15th Birthday to NES! Proud to have been a member for 11 of those 15 years!

Honestly this site over all others has opened my eyes and taught me more about history politics and perspective than I ever learned in school!

here’s to 15 or 115 more years!

I started looking fir a 1911 and my BIL turned me onto the board. C-pher hooked me into a group buy week one and attending shoots I met so many great people who are real friends. Lots of guys/gals are no longer with us either from moving away or shedding their mortal coil. Miss them all. I have gotten old since joining but I am not alone. I can't wait until the virus is gone and life begins again. The threads will be epic.
Hopefully none of us buy the farm from this shit.

Still my go to after all these years. Now I feel old.

I remember my first post on here and got thrashed by someone... You needed some thick skin then. lol

Was it Scrivener? LOL

Cheers to 15 years NES. I've met a lot of good people, bought/sold/traded a lot of guns, and had a lot of good laughs from this site.

Was it Scrivener? LOL

Cheers to 15 years NES. I've met a lot of good people, bought/sold/traded a lot of guns, and had a lot of good laughs from this site.

LOL.. it was. The post was about North Andover PD requesting a letter. The post lived me since.

Talon3
NES Member
From Inside the State
Joined Sep 3, 2006

It has been a long time that didn't seem so long.
Giant thank you to all that keep the board running.
A thank you to the fellow members here that provide such deep content, make the days entertaining and fruitful of knowledge.
A brief moment of silence for the past members that no longer walk the earth.
To the next 15 years long live NES.

Happy anniversary!
Can't believe I've been here since May 2005.

This is the one place I check every day because I like reading the posts of people who are way smatah than me.

I've even been "Scribed"

Happy Anniversary! Congratulations and thanks to Derek and the rest of the team. Thanks for bringing us all together and handling the near impossible task of allowing for the broadest range of ideas and opinions to be aired.

Happy belated anniversary! Proud to be a member here for 11 of the last 15 years.

I found this forum the day after watching Obama take the oath of office. I was searching the Internet for information on firearms and other like-minded freedom loving folk and stumbled across this happy bunch of nuts.

I can honestly say that I can trace an unbelievable amount of my current life back to that moment. Everything from knowledge I have acquired, a great many wonderful friends, my current home and job, all go back to that moment 11 years ago.

So here’s to Derek and everyone else who makes this place so great. Thanks! And here’s to another 15 or more.

IMO the reason this board has survived and prospered(in the past maybe decade) is due to the moderation of DrGrant.

Obviously not taking away from the behind the scenes shit that Derek does, but the day to day ops and moderating without silencing has kept people around..Moderators can, and do, drive people away from message boards.

So Mike, this buds for you [wave]

100%, I have seen lots of good forums ruined by terrible moderators. They always claim the fun members are hard to moderate, but those fun members are what people come back for, entertainment. If you ban all the fun people, guess what you are left with: lurkers who don't post. Happy bday NES!

May of 2005 here. #206 I think it was Len who sent me the invite.

Before that, anyone remember....

1587147143990.jpeg

I don't know why, but the hat still sits on the shelf over the gun safe.

Honestly, I always thought NES started before 2005. I just recall using the internet before the 1998 Chapter 180. Must have been on the Mass Firearms mailing list. Could have sworn it was on some kind of forum software, but can't recall what.

May of 2005 here. #206 I think it was Len who sent me the invite.

Before that, anyone remember....

View attachment 349255

I don't know why, but the hat still sits on the shelf over the gun safe.

Honestly, I always thought NES started before 2005. I just recall using the internet before the 1998 Chapter 180. Must have been on the Mass Firearms mailing list. Could have sworn it was on some kind of forum software, but can't recall what.
I probably did invite you over to here. No, MAF List was strictly a list-server on World.std.com run by Dick Lunn.

Back
Top Bottom