Northeast Shooters 15th Anniversary

Before I was on NES I did most of my firearms posting on Compuserve. IIRC, just before NES started Compuserve deleted the Firearms section. And somewhere in there I was on TheFiringLine for a long time. Think I was there when they had their breakup.

I wish I found NES earlier. I was bullshiting with Carl @FS on non gun topics when someone out of the blue asked if I was on NES. "NES what?"

Lots of sleepless nights reading NES learning about New England politics, the constabulary/LEOs and got to watch the birth of Comm2A and the reorganization of GOAL of MA. Couldn't be more pleased to be here.

Thanks to the OG's and Derek. [cheers]

I wish I found NES earlier. I was bullshiting with Carl @FS on non gun topics when someone out of the blue asked if I was on NES. "NES what?"
pretty much how i found it. i had used the store to bring in few lowers and jeff told me i'd get a hefty discount on the transfers if i was a nes member. i said i'll be back, raced home, joined and came back to transfer the lowers. apparently they thought i was part of a group buy. i had no clue what a group buy was but shook my head yes anyway.

things were wonky when i first joined. there was a vid of atilla in a banana costume dancing around a firing line. i thought i fell in with an androgynous gun owners group. next, i went through the right of passage of being labeled a troll when i finally got up the courage to start posting. good times! now i like instigating as much as the rest of you. [laugh]

Happy Anniversary.

One of the keys to the success of NES has been the leadership.

I used to think that if I could go back in time, I could have started my own forum.
Then I think what a disaster it would become!

Congrats @Admin for holding this site together after all these years.

We are very lucky to have great mods and technical expertise @sHORTY to keep this train running.

Just an example of the power we have is when we mustered the troops to fight the anti gun laws of 2014. Or maybe it was a different year. I can't keep track.

What I would like to see is some sort of continuity of government for NES.
Like if there is a disaster wherever the server is, a secondary or other server can kick into action without a massive loss of data.
Or, if management becomes sick or incapacitated.

That would be a good time for sheeper to strike because the lack of organization on our side.

Who knows.

Maybe there are backups being made as we speak that are being made to other regions of the world.

It’s been a fun ride so far. Glad I’ve been part of it since ‘09.
have a loved one or your caregiver check your meds...I know you've been around here a long time, and must be getting old, but you're off about 9 months from '09 my good sir. or is that the Friday night libations messing with our math now[rofl]

have a loved one or your caregiver check your meds...I know you've been around here a long time, and must be getting old, but you're off about 9 months from '09 my good sir. or is that the Friday night libations messing with our math now[rofl]

Damn it. Math on a Friday evening is never a good thing....March 9th somehow turned into 2009 and yes.....

E4A655E9-5B65-491A-89D0-CCB6A5C287DC.jpeg

Green going on 10 years now. I think I lurked in the weeds for about a year before going green. When I went green, I tried to pay for 2 years to cover the non green year, but the system wouldn't let me. I figure I got my monies worth when I wasn't green, so Derek, I still owe you that $21.00. The Mods here are great. They give us plenty of slack. Mike/drgrant usually lets me get at least a bloody nose before I'm told to smarten up. Can't ask for better entertainment than that for $21.00 a year.

F this site. It's cost me a crap load of money! Meetups, group buys, nes yard sale, classifieds, panic buying, group builds. I could have bought - ah never mind, it was all worth it.
I would have never been able to enjoy the things I did at the car shoots without this site.
What an amazing time meeting everyone and shooting guns I would never be able to in my world.

We need to get back to meetups every couple months
Thank you all

Congrats on the 15 years! I finally went green after lurking for a year or so. I think I found the forum doing a search on military surplus stuff I was looking for. This place has always been a wealth of information! Great work Derek and all the mods who keep things (somewhat) sane!

This is the thread that brought me to this site

Might have been the same for me. Once upon a time Darius Arbabi had a web page where he maintained similar info that he eventually took down in favor of pointing people here instead. (RIP. Darius was one of the good ones.)

Back
Top Bottom