Northeast Shooters 15th Anniversary

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
I just realized that NES has been around since February 25th of 2005.

Esteemed member LenS has been here since February 26th of 2005, so his membership number must be a single digit.
(that make you feel old Len ? [laugh] )

The 15th anniversary of this groups creation was just over a month ago, but came and went without a single mention here.

You'd think somebody would have remembered. Headscratch.gif

Maybe we're all getting too old, there's a reason why they say your memory is the second thing to go.

Anyway, cheers to Derek, Shorty and the rest of the gang that have managed to keep this thing together for so long.

15thanniversary.jpg

[cheers]Bananadance.gifBananagun.gifBlackbanana.gif [mg]

Last edited:
I just looked up when I joined here..2009..I cant believe I've been stalking this forum for 11 years!! I was 21 lol

Stalking is a good description for someone whos posting activity averages 1.3 per month. [laugh]

Dude, I understand stealth, and the desire to keep a low profile, but seriously ???

You should speak up more often, most of us don't even bite anymore, but that's only because we don't have many teeth left.

Plutzing.gif

Stalking is a good description for someone whos posting activity averages 1.3 per month. [laugh]

Dude, I understand stealth, and the desire to keep a low profile, but seriously ???

You should speak up more often, most of us don't even bite anymore, but that's only because we don't have many teeth left.

View attachment 342217

Lol..yea...thought I was posting way to much!!...I think it was a month ago when I actually discovered the general discussion section...spend all my time in the classifieds lmao

View attachment 342217

Some of us just keep quiet, and only chime in when we have something good to say (or in my case, memes to post in the pro2a meme thread thread,) :)

I’ve been here for a minute or two, I think I’m single digit- or maybe #11. This forum used to be me , Derek and Greg making fun of each other and Mrs WW telling is to knock it off. Grew exponentially.
I don’t post all that much either

congrats Derek and the gang
(Derek- is this 15 years for the original forum, or the second version that started shortly after?)

Last edited:
I’ve been here for a minute or two, I think I’m single digit- or maybe #11. This forum used to be me , Derek and Greg making fun of each other and Mrs WW telling is to knock it off.

It looks like TonyD joined the same day as you and LenS, but he hasn't been seen here since the week of the Boston Marathon bombing.

Grew exponentially.

It looks like the membership roll has surpassed 50,000

I don’t post all that much either

I can see that.
So what's your excuse ???

All I can say is this site has been a GREAT firearms resource to me since I joined 9 years ago. The debates/debauchery are epic and an endless source of entertainment. Thanks to Derek and all for keeping this going and here's to 15 more!

Maybe if it were not the crisis we are currently living it would have been me tioned.
I was going to wait until I had my giveaway guns ready to post and start an anniversary thread, but as you can imagine MFS has been quite the S show for the last few weeks. Steve said he will have them ready for me as soon as his team has time.

Being a transplant from MN, I've literally met most of my best friends on this forum. There are some amazingly awesome people on here and amazingly generous people. Here is to another 15 more and hopefully more freedoms for us all in the future.

Derek and I became friends on ARfcom. The day he started the forum he sent me an invite. We talked on the phone about the forum and I joined up.

The joined date is from the first iteration of NES, it's gone thru a handful (3 IIRC) of software brands over that time.

For the curious, if you highlight a username on the left (on a computer, probably won't work on a phone) and look in the lower-left corner of your browser you will see a number after the username, that's the user number from when you joined. I'm lucky 13. [laugh2]

I've been on many forums that were great, then fizzled and died or turned into shitfest. It's nice to see this one going steady.

Congrats on keeping this community going for this long, and strong, and here is to the next 15 years!

... so in 3 years NES is turning 18? ;)
1585312942107.png

I was going to wait until I had my giveaway guns ready to post and start an anniversary thread, but as you can imagine MFS has been quite the S show for the last few weeks. Steve said he will have them ready for me as soon as his team has time.

Being a transplant from MN, I've literally met most of my best friends on this forum. There are some amazingly awesome people on here and amazingly generous people. Here is to another 15 more and hopefully more freedoms for us all in the future.

All of that. And now with so many of us moving away, you have little NES sleeper cells all over the country.

At the ready, waiting for that pedestal sink to sell (go time).

You guys are the front lines and we're in the rear with the gear, but still fighting the same fight.

Congratulations to all of you that helped build NES for keeping your heads above water for that long, and THANK YOU! I'm not sure where/who I would be without this platform.

Back
Top Bottom