• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Northeast Shooters 15th Anniversary

I was an inactive member for a long long time as I was part of another national gun board. That place got too crazy and I came here almost exclusively. (The other board was filled with leg-humpers and people who worshiped a couple of clear poser members. To quote Loki, "It's the unspoken truth of humanity, that you crave subjugation."

But the last 3-5 years been here. It seemed in the early years that NES was filled with young 20-somethings who thought they knew it all and has zero experience. I guess we've all grown up in 15 years. ROFL!

Thanks to Derek and all the members of NES!! I have only met a few of you in person, but feel like I "know" many of you anyway. I have learned so much here!!! Thanks all!! And, here's to another 15!!!!

All of that. And now with so many of us moving away, you have little NES sleeper cells all over the country.
yeah, great...just more "look what i can buy" threads from the defecting bastards. no substance, just gloat. i like to think of myself as a resistance partisan. i didn't give up the fight and run away. proud to keep the memory of the minutemen alive!

yeah, great...just more "look what i can buy" threads from the defecting bastards. no substance, just gloat. i like to think of myself as a resistance partisan. i didn't give up the fight and run away. proud to keep the memory of the minutemen alive!

we’re not retreating, we’re advancing in the other direction!

...ok, I ran away. I’m still young(ish) and didn’t want to regret not getting out of there 30-40 years down the road. I REALLY should have never left Arizona 18 years ago, but sometimes you make choices and sometimes the choice makes you.

keep fighting the good fight, sir...and stay well!

but back on topic, for Enbloc...NES could stand for National Enbloc Shooters eventually, or something like that...I just need to start infecting the locals in Indy and it’ll spread like Covid once they get a taste of it.

Happy Bday NES and I’m very thankful for being part of this community. I didn’t think I would stick around long since I generally find forums a waste of time.
Since joining I’ve amassed a wealth of firearm and non-firearm knowledge. You guys have kept me sane while living in this moonbat state.
Here’s to another 15 years and beyond [cheers]

Happy 15th Gun Day NES!

I first visited this forum unknowingly when searching google for a guitar I wanted back in 2014 and had to register just to see it. That sold before I was able to buy it but a few years later I was brought back to enjoy my new hobby. I’m on NES almost everyday now and have relished in the information, experience, laughter, and friendship I’ve gained here.

Thanks Derek and Mods

Happy birthday NES and I guess PG13 for another 3 years :)
Thanks to founding fathers of this great place to be.
The place for learning, sharing and entertaining for likeminded folks and others.

Last edited:
How many of you remember ...ma-firearms-digest...It was an email based forum. Was ok for the time late 90's early 2000's. Can't remember who moderated it.
The last message I got from it was August 2009; not surprising that it faded about when NES was ramping up. Kinda like NES, there was a lot of back-and-forth from a fairly small number of people and a whole bunch of others who stuck their noses in from time to time.

I am trying to remember (kinda difficult at my age) just what alerted me to the formation of NES? How did the word pass around?

In any case add me to the list of people who find this to be one of the best run and most entertaining forearms firearms forum in the free world. (forearms are covered on bodybuilding.com)

Many thanks to Derek for doing this and also to those members who make this a fun, entertaining, and informative place to visit.

[cheers]

Last edited:
This is the thread that brought me to this site

How many of you remember ...ma-firearms-digest...It was an email based forum. Was ok for the time late 90's early 2000's. Can't remember who moderated it.
Dick Lunn owned MAF-L. I tried to convince him to join us here on NES, but he refused.

The last message I got from it was August 2009; not surprising that it faded about when NES was ramping up. Kinda like NES, there was a lot of back-and-forth from a fairly small number of people and a whole bunch of others who stuck their noses in from time to time.
MAF-L was great until a handful of people became obnoxious using it as a platform to push the Libertarian party.

Also it was on "World", world.std.com and IIRC something changed there so that it was going to cost folks like Dick to continue running the eList. World originally gave the Boston Computer Society and their active members free usage and that changed about the time MAF-L died.

Dick Lunn owned MAF-L. I tried to convince him to join us here on NES, but he refused.

MAF-L was great until a handful of people became obnoxious using it as a platform to push the Libertarian party.

Also it was on "World", world.std.com and IIRC something changed there so that it was going to cost folks like Dick to continue running the eList. World originally gave the Boston Computer Society and their active members free usage and that changed about the time MAF-L died.

I worked with Dick for 6 or so years running MAF out of the world.std.com and that damn list server. I think we topped out at about 300 people. This was in the mid 1990's

I am trying to remember (kinda difficult at my age) just what alerted me to the formation of NES? How did the word pass around?

In any case add me to the list of people who find this to be one of the best run and most entertaining forearms firearms forum in the free world. (forearms are covered on bodybuilding.com)

Many thanks to Derek for doing this and also to those members who make this a fun, entertaining, and informative place to visit.

[cheers]
Iirc it was a mention about NES on AR15.com but it was so long ago that I couldn't be sure.

Back
Top Bottom