• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Northeast Preppers?

Just found this thread and I am so glad I did. I am also starting to "Prep" and was looking for more info. You just gave me days of good info here. I would love to go shoot some time also I am in Rutland Ma. That is real close to you Rancho. Let me know I am always down to meet new people who share a common interest!
Sure, Archilochus. Will start one called The Survival Doctor.

I wanted to plug a company that has been awesome for water barrels. I know it sounds odd, but I was looking for some and found it hard to locate them. I figured others might be looking for the blue barrels for rain collection or whatnot. The company was Bay Tech, and wow, these guys were awesome.

I bought some 55 gallon blue barrels to use as rain catchers for now, but then found out they had a package deal that included free shipping. These guys, fixed the barrels to match the special, I had ordered, then comped the shipping. They were in my hands in three days. Then like a impatient dumb-ass I broke off the connector for the garden hose, and they comped the replacement. I never actually post about companies, since it is so hard to find ones that do not suck, but these guys were excellent. http://www.bayteccontainers.com/rain-barrel.html if anyone is looking to get some at a decent price.

well oddly enough I bought a barrel from BAYTECH. man that thing showed up quick. They have a great selection of used and new barrels . good stuff..

Based on a tip here, I snagged some food grade barrels from some guy near the Fitchburg airport. It was some kind of salvage business in an old warehouse, and he had a ton of old syrup barrels from soft drink companies, that he was selling for $10 each. He had mostly 30 gallon barrels, but some 55 gallon as well.

I picked up two of the white 30 gallon barrels that were the cleanest, and then rinsed and bleached them when I got them home.

No idea if he still has any, but if you are near the Fitchburg area, it's worth a look.

Edit:

Here was the original thread. I had to delete some of my older photos because I ran out of space.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/157616-White-Food-Grade-Barrels-10-Leominster

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom