Northeast Gun Shows

I wish once Shooters Supply would get tables under a nom de plume and then show up to make all the other dealers underwear in a bunch and then never come back to Carole's shows again

I wish once Shooters Supply would get tables under a nom de plume and then show up to make all the other dealers underwear in a bunch and then never come back to Carole's shows again
Jim actually did that at some of Patti's Manchester shows 10-15 years ago. He would show up with large quantities of maybe 10 or 15 separate items including some guns. Then he would blow them all out at near cost. Freaked out the other dealers because there was no way they could compete with his volume and buying power.

Never happen, the c***s that whined know who they are etc. That evil broad would figure out how to get them booted. I would bet that SS would actually lose money going to gun show at this point. They are a rare type of dealer in the armpit region.

Jim actually did that at some of Patti's Manchester shows 10-15 years ago. He would show up with large quantities of maybe 10 or 15 separate items including some guns. Then he would blow them all out at near cost. Freaked out the other dealers because there was no way they could compete with his volume and buying power.
A lot of times he would have only like a half a dozen guns but he'd have a bunch of ammo with him and then he'd have flyers to send people to the range or whatever to buy ammo that he didn't have on the floor. Things got really good if both he and Rileys would show up simultaneously, there were deals to he had back then!

ETA: different thing, the shop thevother guy us talking about is Shooting Supply in MA... but principles in play were the same. Of course it helped that the NH shows not run as poorly as the MA ones. Cheaper too.

Planning on going to Shriners on Sat morning. Do you guys usually bring cash or pay by credit card? Is either acceptable?

Even though I know the show will probably be crap I think I'm going to check it out on Saturday. Always thought the Shriner's show was the best one. We'll see how bad it's gotten. At least I'll get some Jerky.

Assume a 25% gunshow tax when using credit at a Northeast gunshow. If using cash that NE gunshow tax is only like 10%.
Sweet!

To all: do I have any legal options other than:
A) Just buy what is available at the local gun stores.
B) See what is available in the want adds and buy F2F.
C) Go to the gun shows and hope to see more inventory than I would see at a single store.
That’s the extent of my options that I am aware of. Am I missing something?
Thank you!

Sweet!

C) Go to the gun shows and hope to see more inventory than I would see at a single store.
Thank you!

Except that C isn't true anymore lol

Sweet!

Thank you!
D) identify a gun store you’ve been meaning to check out; locate other gun stores in that area; make a day if it.

Then sleep easier knowing Carol and Homeless Jeff Spicoli didn’t get your $12.

You're going to find a lot more inventory at most of the gun shops than you would at these shows, and although I've found deals in the recent past, I'd second the idea of just make a loop-- all of the gun shops I go to (Four Seasons, Village Sports, Tombstone and I'm sorry I can't remember the names of the two shops in Uxbridge all have had a good amount of inventory. I swung by The Gun Parlor recently and ended up buying something there. Compare that to a recent trip to Cabela's in Berlin and they looked like they were going out of business, although they were loaded with high priced ammo.

You're also forgetting your online options, I've bought from Bud's, Gun Broker and a few other online sellers and had great results using MassFirearms as my FFL while doing the same at Pullman was literally like pulling teeth. They sat on the gun for almost a week and then when I went to pick it up told me it might not be MA compliant, I had her double check the list and sure enough it was.

It was PACKED!
With all the new gun owners not surprised. It would be a worthwhile show if the promoter and some of her fanclub didn't run the whole thing. It would be trivially easy to fill a place like that with way more dealers but they are all sick of her bullshit.

There was almost nobody there @ 4:00 PM.
Found a few boxes of 38-40 at Pack & Postal. Got Shotshell Carrier for my wife's 870 from Dave down by the kitchen. Got a Olight M2R to replace my old one. I got a jug of 244 Ball Powder. I got a couple of novelty knives for my wife. I guy at work asked me to get him a belt but the guy I get them from wasn't there so I got it from the Walter Dyer Leather guy, the belt seemed fairly sturdy. I stopped to talk to Chris the Chiropractor who refurbishes preban AR-15 Mags, great guy. The Jerky Table and the GOAL Table were unmanned. On the way out I stopped to talk with Chris, the New York Ammo guy in the foyer. Everytime he sees me it's the same thing. " I'll pay you double what you paid me for the 7.62x54R I sold you years ago". I Smile and say, but how would I replace it. We'll never see that round for .20 cents ever again. In and out in 42 minutes. A far cry from the 9:00 AM line.

Back
Top Bottom