• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Northeast Arms - Route 1 South in Peabody

I picked up my new Sig XL from Steve, John was a tremendous help showing me the tricks of breaking it down and he installed the new grip that I requested in Blue Titanium. Really wonderful work and at a great price, don't pass these people up for your next mod... I love the look...[banana]

Edit to add, incredibly, I was able to install the Hogue. I took the grip packaging and cut the plastic into strips which I then used under the rubber grip to ease it along. It's easier to slide it on over the plastic rather than the textured grip. Before attempting, I used a hair dryer to heat it up and stretched it out with my hands. The black grip module has the pach tactical that I formerly had on my PPS, which fits well and was significantly easier to install. I love the look and it too is quite comfortable. I think I covered my exercise for today....

Blue Titanium grip.jpg

Attachments

• Blue Titanium grip 2.jpg
    Blue Titanium grip 2.jpg
    602.9 KB · Views: 34
  • Titanium grip with Hogue.jpg
    Titanium grip with Hogue.jpg
    648.3 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
I picked up my new Sig XL from Steve, John was a tremendous help showing me the tricks of breaking it down and he installed the new grip that I requested in Blue Titanium. Really wonderful work and at a great price, don't pass these people up for your next mod... I love the look...[banana]

View attachment 573171
Looks great! I was just in there today dropping off my dads TC muzzleloader barrel to be cerakoted due to some rust issues.

We probably just missed each other a few minutes.... :) They really did a super job, I'm so delighted with the grip!
Nope, I was the giant pumpkin in the orange sweatshirt talking with another regular picking up his rifle. You looked like you were on a mission!
Didn’t see it while John was helping you but based on the pictures, it came out great!

Nope, I was the giant pumpkin in the orange sweatshirt talking with another regular picking up his rifle. You looked like you were on a mission!
Didn’t see it while John was helping you but based on the pictures, it came out great!
I just finished cleaning the gun and not sure how I would have done it without his help. No word of a lie, that take down lever is positively painful and so is my thumb! I pray this really does loosen up with use. I was paying attention for good reason... :)

Just want to add I had Steve do two Pin N' Welds for me. One was a Surefire Socom and the other was a SLR Synergy Linear Comp (that looked like it could be a bit tricky). Both turned out absolutely perfect! Turnaround was a about 3-4 days and the price was insanely fair @ $50/each I believe. Definitely will be using Steve for all future P/W jobs. 👍

Just want to add I had Steve do two Pin N' Welds for me. One was a Surefire Socom and the other was a SLR Synergy Linear Comp (that looked like it could be a bit tricky). Both turned out absolutely perfect! Turnaround was a about 3-4 days and the price was insanely fair @ $50/each I believe. Definitely will be using Steve for all future P/W jobs. 👍
I need to drop off my upper for a pin/weld also really soon

He’s done a few for me and all good imop

Another bump for Steve.

He was able to get a very stubborn AR barrel nut, that was soaked in red Loctite, off for me while I waited. He then installed the new AR barrel and gas block.

Can’t beat the know how and service.

Had to do the walk of shame again today with an upper and a delta ring that I couldn’t budge with a vise. armorers wrench, heat gun, a punch or foul language.

Took him like three minutes to loosen it, maybe less and did it while I waited. I can’t thank him enough.
Steve’s great with that.
He really enjoys it when I make house calls lol!

Had to do the walk of shame again today with an upper and a delta ring that I couldn’t budge with a vise. armorers wrench, heat gun, a punch or foul language.

Took him like three minutes to loosen it, maybe less and did it while I waited. I can’t thank him enough.
What was the secret to get it off?

What was the secret to get it off?
Aside from what DarthRaven said, I’m not sure, you can’t really see inside his work area. I heard what might have been a wrench being put on it, then tapping, like a punch being hit, both of which I tried, but my shitty armorers wrench bent and the punch kept damaging teeth on the barrel so I stopped so that there’d be something to work with later.

Back
Top Bottom