• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Northeast Arms - Route 1 South in Peabody

Can not say enough good things about this shop and the owner. Went in today with my new AR to be built in pieces. Owner was beyond nice, he built my complete lower as I looked around the shop and asked him a million questions. He lead me in the right direction for all the parts I was missing and had no interest in steering me to expensive parts that I did not need. The lower came out excellent. Price for the build was insanely inexpensive. My upper will be ready quicker then I can even get back to the shop. Space is small and comfortable but has a great amount of stock, everything you could possibly need especially for AR builds, no need to order parts online. Ammo prices were very good. Owner took time to stop an talk after he finished the work on my lower. I definitely found my new shop. Everyone needs to check this shop out it will be worth your time! I will be back for another AR build very soon!

Last edited:
Stopped by today for the first time, wanting to get myself a little something. Ended up leaving with a WASR 10 and a good bit of ammo. Steve was super nice, another gentleman who's name escapes me who appeared to be a regular came in and we had a good little chat. Happy I checked this place out, certainly going to stop in again, this will be the place I got to when I put together a .308 platform.

Last edited:
Had to get a few comps pinned and welded and they did a great job. On top of that they got them all done in the same day which I wasn't expecting considering how busy they were, how many I had, and the time of day. [thumbsup]

This is one phenomenal shop! I went in yesterday not quite certain what I wanted to get in terms of an AR. Steve answered a few of my questions, and we were off and running in building up a Colt LE6920-OEM1 by picking out a bunch of Magpul furniture and some other odds and ends. Super fast turn-around on a very professional job as I was able to pick-up everything today. Steve also referred me to shop close by that sells Pelican cases....was able to get one of those as well. Can't say enough good things about these guys. I will without a doubt be bringing my business back to Northeast Arms again soon!

Went in today for a pin/weld for my AR. Owner was extremely accommodating. He was the only one working and somehow fit my ar into his schedule. Extremely fast and a job well done. Will definitely be going back in for some more business.

I want to give Steve at Northeast Arms a very positive review. I went in this morning to look at an LMT rifle. I explained to him that I was trying to choose between that an a LWRC. He gave me the positives about his rifle but did not bash the LWRC.I knew allot of the particulars from my research but he definitely went over some things I did not know. I ended up getting the rifle then he spent another 15 min going over which break will work the best. I would suggest if you are in the market for an AR stop by Northeast Arms you'll be very glad you did.

Dropped off my upper to get a muzzle brake pinned. I'll be picking it up tomorrow.

I purchased a 14.5" upper and needed to have a muzzle device removed from it, and a new one drilled, pinned, and welded(I chose the Knights Armament MAMs). After seeing the pictures in this thread and reading the reviews, I knew I could trust them to do the work (the KAC brake cost 300$, I didn't want it to get screwed up). They did not disappoint, not only were Steve and Tom very friendly, but they also got it done in about 3 hours while I visited my brother and grabbed lunch. As you can see from the pictures below, they do an amazing job. They had to grind off and remove the old device, drill the new brake, and then pin and weld it on. I would not go anywhere else for a pin/weld job on an AR. Great price for the work too!

I purchased a 14.5" upper and needed to have a muzzle device removed from it, and a new one drilled, pinned, and welded(I chose the Knights Armament MAMs). After seeing the pictures in this thread and reading the reviews, I knew I could trust them to do the work (the KAC brake cost 300$, I didn't want it to get screwed up). They did not disappoint, not only were Steve and Tom very friendly, but they also got it done in about 3 hours while I visited my brother and grabbed lunch. As you can see from the pictures below, they do an amazing job. They had to grind off and remove the old device, drill the new brake, and then pin and weld it on. I would not go anywhere else for a pin/weld job on an AR. Great price for the work too!

Thanks for the info, I've a very effective but very very loud brake on my 16" that I'm thinking of having replaced to something more civilized. I'll have Steve do that too.
On my last build I walked in with a 14.5" and an Aries brake. I didn't know that this brake has very hard case hardening. Many muzzle devices like this (and drills) have been damaged or destroyed when trying to drill and pin them. After discussing the risks/difficulties and he offered to test the brake. I promised not to pout if the brake was damaged or lost in the attempt. He was successful and did a fine weld job as usual. Apparently it is hit or miss in getting through the case hardening with these things.

Another vote for Northeast Arms. They pinned and welded a brake on my AR upper. They did a fantastic job, and had it back to me quickly. All for only $40 too!

With all the positive feedback from this board, I felt confident walking into Northeast Arms for the trifecta!
1. "Massified" a new AK47 (which looks great!)
2. Glock trigger replacement
3. Adjustment to SKS
Great work on each!!
DDI AK47.jpg

Another great visit with Steve, Was going to grab a lower but got a complete AR for cheaper than I could build one. pinned & welded in just minutes too. shop has way too many toys and parts to look at, definatley going back after I refill my wallet.

The only place i will trust to pin and weld my muzzle devices. I know I've posted it before but I can't say it enough. I drive from the the south shore to peabody every time and Steve has Always been mindful to get it done so I don't have to return a second time.

I've been a regular at the shop since I discovered the place and I can't recommend this shop highly enough. Steve has been wonderful. Transfers are hassle free, just bought a Beretta from him today and he changed the sights on all my four guns at a very reasonable price. This is the best kept secret on the North Shore - but hey, let's not keep a secret - tell everyone to give the shop a visit!

I've been a regular at the shop since I discovered the place and I can't recommend this shop highly enough. Steve has been wonderful. Transfers are hassle free, just bought a Beretta from him today and he changed the sights on all my four guns at a very reasonable price. This is the best kept secret on the North Shore - but hey, let's not keep a secret - tell everyone to give the shop a visit!

Nice was was it that gorgeous Inox?

Speaking of new sights. I've had a new Dawson fiber optic front sight for my Coonan 357 mag 1911 sitting around for the last few months. Need to get it to Steve for the install...

Back
Top Bottom