Northeast Arms LLC - Peabody MA

needed a magpul poly buis for an xmas present and they were out of black - Steve suggested Ritt dye over the gray and it worked perfectly. clever!

I read the reviews here and figured I'd check the place out. The website said they had Colt LE 6920's in stock and sure enough, when I got there, they did (I think I got the last one). It needed to be Massified (A2 flash hider removed, muzzle brake pinned and welded, bayonet lug ground off and stock pinned) and they were nice enough to do it while I waited. They estimated that it would take an hour but couldn't have been more than 45 minutes.

They walked me through the muzzle brakes in the store, explaining the pros and cons of most of them and guided me toward one of the least expensive ones, rather than trying to upsell me, then walked me through the rails for the MOE handguard and we chose a couple and determined placement which they installed. The handguards need to be off to install the rails (I removed one when I got home). They pointed me towards a few more accessories, all useful, but I had to draw the line for cash outlay for the day. They have a good selection of AR parts too.

I was in and out the door, all while Massifying an AR, in about an hour.

These guys are knowledgeable, friendly and helpful, definitely not the types that make you feel like a dick for asking what are for them, mundane questions, and don't make you feel like you're bothering them when you walk in.

Give these guys a try, you'll be glad you did.

Cool, didn't realize they do the work right there in the store. Now post pics!

I had a bad experience with this shop. I had ordered a glock through the LEO discount Glock Blue Label Program at this store on Thursday 02/5/2015 @ 12 noon and put down a $318.00 deposit and the store owner had told to come back next day to pick up gun at same time. I had arrived on 02/06/2015 at the same time and they told first that my gun had not arrived and then told minutes later that my gun had arrived in the morning but cannot transfer papers today. I was a bit disappointed and I just wished they had called me earlier so that I wouldn't have wasted a trip. I did leave my phone number with them on deposit receipt. I then contacted Glock that afternoon and asked about ordering through them and found out that the store had charged me more than discounted LEO pricing. I then contacted shop and kindly asked for my deposit back due to charging me more and showing up and them not able to do paperwork for transfer. The owner of shop told me that I would have to pay for restocking fee of $25.00. I then mentioned that it was not my fault that I had arrived at store to pick up gun and you were unable to transfer gun for me. The owner then told me to come by next day and he will refund me. On 02/07/2015 I had arrived at shop and owner took his calculator out and started subtracting numbers from my deposit. I then mentioned why am I not getting all my money back like he had mentioned on phone and he then started raising his voice "What, I am taking a loss here"!! He refunded me $290.00 and kept the $28.00 dollars. I don't think he was being fair at all.

I had a bad experience with this shop. I had ordered a glock through the LEO discount Glock Blue Label Program at this store on Thursday 02/5/2015 @ 12 noon and put down a $318.00 deposit and the store owner had told to come back next day to pick up gun at same time. I had arrived on 02/06/2015 at the same time and they told first that my gun had not arrived and then told minutes later that my gun had arrived in the morning but cannot transfer papers today. I was a bit disappointed and I just wished they had called me earlier so that I wouldn't have wasted a trip. I did leave my phone number with them on deposit receipt. I then contacted Glock that afternoon and asked about ordering through them and found out that the store had charged me more than discounted LEO pricing. I then contacted shop and kindly asked for my deposit back due to charging me more and showing up and them not able to do paperwork for transfer. The owner of shop told me that I would have to pay for restocking fee of $25.00. I then mentioned that it was not my fault that I had arrived at store to pick up gun and you were unable to transfer gun for me. The owner then told me to come by next day and he will refund me. On 02/07/2015 I had arrived at shop and owner took his calculator out and started subtracting numbers from my deposit. I then mentioned why am I not getting all my money back like he had mentioned on phone and he then started raising his voice "What, I am taking a loss here"!! He refunded me $290.00 and kept the $28.00 dollars. I don't think he was being fair at all.

1. Why would you put a deposit down on an item without doing research on how much you should be paying? Depending on what it is, deposits in the business world are typically non-refundable. They're there to ensure your purchase (which you backed out on)

2. Business is business. They're going to sell for more than the purchase to make a profit. Again, business is business.

I've been in 3 or 4 times and they have been great. Knocking money off for this and that. Did a great job on some uppers I brought in. I Couldn't recommend more highly.

I want to buy an AR, just to have one. Good place to buy one?

They're very knowledgeable and won't upsell you on something you don't need, and they have a really sweet collection right on the shelf, all free-state rifles that they will make Mass compliant for you while you wait. Stuff you won't see at Four Seasons or most other Mass stores. You could save money by going to New Hampshire (if you can find a gunsmith who'll Massify it for you) or ordering parts online and doing some legwork yourself, but for one-stop shopping you can't beat them.

Also they have a better selection of AR parts & accessories than most stores.

1. Why would you put a deposit down on an item without doing research on how much you should be paying? Depending on what it is, deposits in the business world are typically non-refundable. They're there to ensure your purchase (which you backed out on)

2. Business is business. They're going to sell for more than the purchase to make a profit. Again, business is business.
All this. If they special ordered the Glock for you and you refused to take it, they are quite likely out the cost of shipping.

go complain on Angie's list.
Nice first post

I

Another entitled one I guess....stupid hurts! Opinions may vary!

Ya seriously. You're not going to find sympathy from us non-LEO gun owners here in MA.

+1

I never complain about a price I agreed to pay. If I paid for it then it was valued as priced. If I found out I could have gotten it cheaper, I keep my mouth shut because I didn't do my homework.

Deposits are non refundable if the transaction is able to be completed. That's what a deposit is, so the seller doesn't lose his ass to an uneducated flaky customer.

Sucks that they told you the gun wasn't in when it was just wasn't ready. That sounds like your only reasonable grounds for complaint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was new to long guns until i picked up a Stag Arms 2L last summer at Gun and Sport North up in Salem, NH. Tony, the owner, is a very nice guy and knows his stuff.

The turn-around time for a MA-neutered version was about a week but was well worth it.

Check out www.gunandsportnorth.com

I started with a stock 2L and read up on cleaning, modifications, etc. I went from knowing (and I'm still learning) nothing to making my lefty AR fully ambidextrous, changed the grip to an ErgoGrip, scoped it w/ Burris AR-536, and changed out the bulky handguard for a "tacticool" picatinny one.

On a side note: it's funny to look back at how ignorant and anti-2A my upbringing was to now fully being grateful for the 2A and the minds that had the foresight to include it our Constitution.

They're good guys and will be able to get you set up. Fast work, too. I'd go check them out for sure. Maybe make a list of what you do and don't want in the AR before you go in, to make narrowing your choices down a little easier?

Been in there a few times in the last month for AR parts and smithing and have had very good overall experience. would recommend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Just to set this correct
He did order a LAW ENFORCEMENT glock WITH night sights. He did arrive the following morning and as he walked out the door fed ex arrived with a shipment.

We stopped him in the parking lot to let him know that the gun was in, but we needed some time to get it into the books and finish up with the customer that was before him waiting, at that point he told us he couldn't wait and had to get to work.

Later that day he called to ask for his deposit back, when asked why, he responded that he got a better price from glock which just happened to be the exact difference of night sights and non night sights....Hmmm wonder what happened here!! being a glock armorer is nice because I have the direct LEO price list right here in the shop!!

I told him that was a LEO gun and I couldn't just sell it to anyone and I would call to see if my distributor would take it back and he would be responsible for any fees. It was going to cost $25 to ship and a $25 restocking fee. he was informed of this and responded that it wasn't his fault we couldn't transfer it in the 4 seconds before he had to work....I don't know about you guys but there are laws to follow as far as logging firearms and if a customer is there before you normally you wait until they are finished....

When he arrived the following day to get his deposit back I offer to absorb half the cost and only charge him $25 and not the $50....he pays the shipping....I pay the restocking fee... Just to try and make everything right.....That still wasn't good enough as he pouted and huffed and puffed....I still only charged him the return shipping and he still wasn't happy..... Honestly customer like this guy are not worth the time and trouble... the are too many good people out there that we can concentrate on.

This is the last I will post of this but I just felt there was too much fantasy in the original complaint not to respond

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom