• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Northeast Arms LLC - Peabody MA

eh, a bad customer is a bad customer, badge or not. I think NSF likes to ball lick everyone who goes in there, he might be happier there.

Never knew this place existed either and I drive by almost daily. After reading a few pages of overwhelmingly positive reviews I'll have to stop in and get myself schooled on AR's. The itch is getting tough to ignore.

Just to set this correct
He did order a LAW ENFORCEMENT glock WITH night sights. He did arrive the following morning and as he walked out the door fed ex arrived with a shipment.

We stopped him in the parking lot to let him know that the gun was in, but we needed some time to get it into the books and finish up with the customer that was before him waiting, at that point he told us he couldn't wait and had to get to work.

Later that day he called to ask for his deposit back, when asked why, he responded that he got a better price from glock which just happened to be the exact difference of night sights and non night sights....Hmmm wonder what happened here!! being a glock armorer is nice because I have the direct LEO price list right here in the shop!!

I told him that was a LEO gun and I couldn't just sell it to anyone and I would call to see if my distributor would take it back and he would be responsible for any fees. It was going to cost $25 to ship and a $25 restocking fee. he was informed of this and responded that it wasn't his fault we couldn't transfer it in the 4 seconds before he had to work....I don't know about you guys but there are laws to follow as far as logging firearms and if a customer is there before you normally you wait until they are finished....

When he arrived the following day to get his deposit back I offer to absorb half the cost and only charge him $25 and not the $50....he pays the shipping....I pay the restocking fee... Just to try and make everything right.....That still wasn't good enough as he pouted and huffed and puffed....I still only charged him the return shipping and he still wasn't happy..... Honestly customer like this guy are not worth the time and trouble... the are too many good people out there that we can concentrate on.

This is the last I will post of this but I just felt there was too much fantasy in the original complaint not to respond

You didn't even have to write this much detail. It's your business, the dude was a prick, you don't want him as a customer. Neither would I. Enough said.

That being said, he would definitely be a good North Shore Firearms customer, send him there next time.

Thanks for the advice and good info guys! I will complain on Angie's list.

Haha! That would be great if you really did. If it was my business, that would be like a badge of honor. Hopefully you have to pay for a membership first before you get to complain.

Funny thing is its a great place with service above and beyond what you'll find most anywhere else. I guess some people manage to F up anything. Seriously, how much was the price discrepancy? $20? $50?

edit:
read sschevy's response. no price discrepancy. eat it

Last edited:
My experience with Northeast Arms has been excellent I went in the other day to have a muzzle device pinned and welded on a 14.5" barrel. I had purchased it online and thought I got the correct length to make the barrel over 16". Unfortunately the one that had shipped would have made my barrel an RCH under 16" Steve happened to notice it, pointed it out, and offered to exchange at no cost my muzzle device, for the correct one that I thought I had ordered. Left the barrel with him until the brake came in. Picked it up today and it looks great!
Great guy. Will definitely be back!

Hope someone can help me out. I have a Belguim Mauser (army/navy) Post war 1952. I have been looking for the original parts for this rifle. Stock (both upper and lower) Front sling ring, Bayonet Lug, Bayonet and Cleaning Kit. Want to bring it back to its original state as someone try to sporterize it and RUINED IT ! HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Mike.

I had a bad experience with this shop. I had ordered a glock through the LEO discount Glock Blue Label Program at this store on Thursday 02/5/2015 @ 12 noon and put down a $318.00 deposit and the store owner had told to come back next day to pick up gun at same time. I had arrived on 02/06/2015 at the same time and they told first that my gun had not arrived and then told minutes later that my gun had arrived in the morning but cannot transfer papers today. I was a bit disappointed and I just wished they had called me earlier so that I wouldn't have wasted a trip. I did leave my phone number with them on deposit receipt. I then contacted Glock that afternoon and asked about ordering through them and found out that the store had charged me more than discounted LEO pricing. I then contacted shop and kindly asked for my deposit back due to charging me more and showing up and them not able to do paperwork for transfer. The owner of shop told me that I would have to pay for restocking fee of $25.00. I then mentioned that it was not my fault that I had arrived at store to pick up gun and you were unable to transfer gun for me. The owner then told me to come by next day and he will refund me. On 02/07/2015 I had arrived at shop and owner took his calculator out and started subtracting numbers from my deposit. I then mentioned why am I not getting all my money back like he had mentioned on phone and he then started raising his voice "What, I am taking a loss here"!! He refunded me $290.00 and kept the $28.00 dollars. I don't think he was being fair at all.

I was in Northeast Arms when this exchange of words took place. The description above is not accurate. At no time during the conversation did Steve, the proprietor of Northeast Arms, raise his voice.

I could add more comments about this incident, but I think everything has been covered here.

In closing, Northeast Arms has always been an excellent resource for ammo, parts, and accessories. And the Colt 6920 I purchased from them at a very fair price, is the best AR platform rifle I have ever owned. I highly recommend Northeast Arms, they are on my short list of quality LGS establishments.

Chris

Add me to the list of satisfied customers. I brought in two uppers that needed pin&weld. One was an AR I bought online. The other was a brand new SCAR.
As you might imagine, I was a tad nervous about the SCAR -- that's a $pendy part.

The work on the SCAR was fantastic. You practically need a microscope to see the weld. Simply excellent work.

The AR was not as good a result, but ABSOLUTELY NOT an issue with NorthEast Arms. The barrel and barrel extension separated when he went to remove the flash suppressor (I was having him replace it with a Carlsen mini-comp). That led to some further research and we found that the barrel was M4, but the upper was M16. (Online retailer and a price just above "too good to be true." On the gripping hand, I now get to give my future B-I-L a ration of sh*t. Heh.) He spent a lot of time plucking inventory out of cases to let me look at things, compare how it was supposed to look and overall provided a nice little seminar on gunsmithing the AR platform. I walked out smarter. I'm good with that.

Did I mention the pin & weld on the SCAR was beautiful? It is.

Reto

Add me to the list of satisfied customers. I brought in two uppers that needed pin&weld. One was an AR I bought online. The other was a brand new SCAR.
As you might imagine, I was a tad nervous about the SCAR -- that's a $pendy part.

The work on the SCAR was fantastic. You practically need a microscope to see the weld. Simply excellent work.

The AR was not as good a result, but ABSOLUTELY NOT an issue with NorthEast Arms. The barrel and barrel extension separated when he went to remove the flash suppressor (I was having him replace it with a Carlsen mini-comp). That led to some further research and we found that the barrel was M4, but the upper was M16. (Online retailer and a price just above "too good to be true." On the gripping hand, I now get to give my future B-I-L a ration of sh*t. Heh.) He spent a lot of time plucking inventory out of cases to let me look at things, compare how it was supposed to look and overall provided a nice little seminar on gunsmithing the AR platform. I walked out smarter. I'm good with that.

Did I mention the pin & weld on the SCAR was beautiful? It is.

Reto

Pics of the SCAR or it didn't happen. :)

What exactly separated there? Using an M4 barrel on a rifle upper is acceptable as far as function, even though it's not ideal. At the least it shouldn't cause anything to come apart.

What exactly separated there? Using an M4 barrel on a rifle upper is acceptable as far as function, even though it's not ideal. At the least it shouldn't cause anything to come apart.

Yeah, the mismatch isn't a big problem on it's own. It's just ... not optimal. If I did it to myself, then that would be a "<duh> and move on" but when you purchase a "complete upper" you might expect that to not happen. I would, anyway.

As for the barrel issue, the extension is (should be) pinned to the barrel itself. When Northeast put the receiver in the vice to spin off the flash suppressor, the barrel turned, but not the extension. He thought at first that it was the whole thing spinning due to a loose barrel nut, but the extension was securely attached to the receiver and NOT turning.

Reto

That obviously is something the rifle's builder screwed up, but in general you don't want to use a receiver vise when you're messing with muzzle devices. Use a barrel vise or a torque rod to protect your barrel indexing and receiver.

Another great experience here today.

My home gunsmithing skills left me hanging on a couple of projects so, tail between my legs, I had to seek some help.

I brought in an S&W AR barrel with a taper pin on a gas block that no amount of hammering on like an enraged gorilla would loosen (yes I was hitting the correct side). I also brought in an oversized mag release for my Beretta that I just couldn't install. I could replace the original but just couldn't get this one in.

Ten minutes later both were done and I don't want to say how little I was charged but it was a small token fee believe me. He even showed me what I needed to get to do it myself if I had a problem again. I drove up from Randolph, 90 minutes in traffic up there and an hour in traffic back and it was well worth the drive.

Just FYI, they're doing barrel threading now which is a plus for anyone with unthreaded compliant guns. I believe it's $100.

Take some business here folks, we want to keep these guys around.

Last edited:
I stopped in last weekend like a lost puppy, knowing little to nothing about AR's and the in's and out's of the different manufacturers. Steve and his employees had no problem taking me to school on the different types of rifles, rails, some basics on ammunition and other key points on the platform. I can't wait to go back for a rifle once I've convinced myself that I have an idea of what I want.

Great shop and great guys, thanks for your time last weekend.

I stopped in last weekend like a lost puppy, knowing little to nothing about AR's and the in's and out's of the different manufacturers.

If only there was a place with a wealth of knowledge. With reviews and information free to all. Some type of world wide web or internet thingy where you could go and learn about things.

I stopped in last weekend like a lost puppy, knowing little to nothing about AR's and the in's and out's of the different manufacturers. Steve and his employees had no problem taking me to school on the different types of rifles, rails, some basics on ammunition and other key points on the platform. I can't wait to go back for a rifle once I've convinced myself that I have an idea of what I want.

Great shop and great guys, thanks for your time last weekend.

This is great as long as you do actually go back. After they spent their time educating you it would be a shame to then go and chase a deal somewhere else to save a couple bucks. Sure you want to make sure the prices are competitive, but the knowledge you gained has value and we need shops like this to stick around!

This is great as long as you do actually go back. After they spent their time educating you it would be a shame to then go and chase a deal somewhere else to save a couple bucks. Sure you want to make sure the prices are competitive, but the knowledge you gained has value and we need shops like this to stick around!

Great point, I tend to chase deals but want to support NE Arms so I try to buy stuff there, and I'm saving up to buy my 2nd rifle there, maybe on tax free day.

To be clear there is nothing wrong with chasing a good deal. If you do your research online and via other channels, then go grab your best deal. I just feel like if a shop spends a bunch of time helping you out, you should give them a fair shot at the business when it comes time to write the check. There are of course plenty of places that price themselves out of consideration, but NE Arms doesn't seem to be one of them.

If only there was a place with a wealth of knowledge. With reviews and information free to all. Some type of world wide web or internet thingy where you could go and learn about things.

I appreciate the passive insult. Maybe one day we will all live entirely on the internet free of human interactions.

So little faith guys. I'm sure not everyone buys a rifle the same day they make their first stop to browse. How many dealerships or private owners did you stop by before buying your last car? Probably more than one. Believe me, when I decide to get myself my first rifle northeast arms will be my first stop. Please forgive me for taking my time with a purchase of roughly 1k. [wink]

View attachment 129060
Stupid phone loads it rotated.
But, how about this sexy little thing!
Two day shipping to the store and great communication, another great experience from NEA

Here ya go. Very nice.
e9a005c4530cd434fe116fe9be8ddd10.jpg

Back
Top Bottom