• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Northborough residents on alert after crime spree

Northborough residents on alert after crime spree

NORTHBOROUGH, Mass. (WHDH) -- A local community is on alert after a spike in home break-ins over the last month in Northborough.

Now police are asking residents to keep a close eye on their neighborhood.

The rash of bold home break-ins all follow the same pattern, but they haven't led police to a suspect yet.

“They’ve been week days. Side or back doors. Forcing in doors. Not ransacking the house, but going right to the bedrooms and locating, looking for jewelry,” said William Griffin, Northboro Police Dept.

Police said that in the last month a dozen houses have been hit. There was a similar, action-packed crime spree last summer.

“People are probably making bad decisions because there are rough times. The economy is probably having an impact on it,” said a local resident.

Back in August, six Northborough homes were robbed in just one afternoon. Police can’t tell if the two crime sprees are related.

“This is supposed to be the safe area, that’s why it’s like, I’m surprised to hear that, it’s the first I’m hearing that,” said a local resident.

Investigators said the suspect or suspects were scared away two times this month when they found homeowners, at home. That’s why one woman said the best defense is to leave your home looking prepared. Very prepared.

“Just make it look like you’re living in your house. Have lights on basically, you know, on a timer. If you can get a neighbor or somebody to shut your shades. Make it look as livable as possible. Get somebody to pick up your mail, your newspaper. If it’s snowing out, have it shoveled out,” said a resident.

Northboro police don’t have a description for a suspect. They're working with neighboring police departments to see if they can find any patterns.

They mention to "leave your home prepared". What about preparing YOURSELF?????????????

Also, side note. Where the heck IS everybody? Is this during the workday, or are a lot of people on vacation, or what?

Break ins mostly happen during weekday work hours. Typical method is to knock on the door and see if anyone answers. If they do then the shitbag says he's looking for a dog or something like that.

I never answer my door because its always some a**h*** looking for money. I do watch to see if they leave or head behind my house however.

Back
Top Bottom