• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Northboro police find man sleeping, surrounded by loaded guns

So many missing details. I would bet that means the story is not what it’s made to look like.
I think I get the gest of it.
The poor bastard lives in RI, works in MA, and wanted to go shooting in NH
I feel safer now that he and his guns are off the street.

He was sleeping with a loaded AR-15 next to his bed,
and there was another AR-15 underneath the bed,
and they're charging him with the Under The Bed AR being unsecured.

It sure sounds to me like that second AR was pretty damned secure.

My buddy has property in Maine and we bring a couple of things when we go up there from RI and we don't even stop to piss in Mass. Don't deviate from 95 north until we hit New Hampshire and then it's fine. People who live around Mass have to know what that state is like

29400x.jpg

The article doesn't say if he did or didn't have a RI license. I just assumed he did.
The article did say "Franklin did not have a gun permit in either Massachusetts or Rhode Island." I don't think it matters though. There is no reciprocity between RI and MA. It would also be difficult to use "interstate transportation" defense even though it sounds like this is what the guy did plan on doing.

I would like to point out how much police pushed the "unsecured weapon" theme. I suspect it will turn out that this guy does have the right to have a gun(expired LTC for example) and the only charge they can stick him with is unsecured weapons because there is another person in the building who is not licensed(I suspect) to carry.

I would like to point out how much police pushed the "unsecured weapon" theme. I suspect it will turn out that this guy does have the right to have a gun(expired LTC for example) and the only charge they can stick him with is unsecured weapons because there is another person in the building who is not licensed(I suspect) to carry.
Unsafe storage charges do not require any of that. You can have one LTC guy in a house in the middle of nowhere get bagged for a safe storage violation. You're trying to apply logic to mass gun laws.... protip: it doesn't work

Yeah. No RI lic either. It'll be interesting to see how he obtained the firearms.

Just checked around. No permit required for long guns. Sounds like he just had long guns. Stupid mASS again for the fail.

The other question I have is: what exactly was being "traded" at Tradeable Environmental Services that might require armed security or make a night guard fear for his life to the extent he had multiple AR-15s.
Not sure if this is just sarcasm but owning multiple rifles has nothing to do with fear of life in Most cases

Unsafe storage charges do not require any of that. You can have one LTC guy in a house in the middle of nowhere get bagged for a safe storage violation.
Somewhere in NES is an LEO quote saying that they'd only arrest
for guns sitting unsecured on a different floor of a licensee's house
than where the licensee was at the moment.

If I got jacked up for unsecured guns I would be highly motivated to find that quote,
no matter how little probative value it provided my defense.

Don't we all sleep next to loaded firearms?
Stop me if I'm wrong, but am I the first in this thread to think that
if the dope just left them in the trunk of his car
and STFU when the cops arrived for the false burglar alarm,
he'd be vacationing in the North Woods right now?

Somewhere in NES is an LEO quote saying that they'd only arrest
for guns sitting unsecured on a different floor of a licensee's house
than where the licensee was at the moment.

If I got jacked up for unsecured guns I would be highly motivated to find that quote,
no matter how little probative value it provided my defense.

Stop me if I'm wrong, but am I the first in this thread to think that
if the dope just left them in the trunk of his car
and STFU when the cops arrived for the false burglar alarm,
he'd be vacationing in the North Woods right now?

I would never have an alarm for fire or police like ADT exactly because of things like this. False alarm and the gov thinks it can just do whatever it wants. Thus is not just a MA problem.

I would never have an alarm for fire or police like ADT exactly because of things like this. False alarm and the gov thinks it can just do whatever it wants. Thus is not just a MA problem.
Any commercial/industrial building needs a fire alarm system that reports to the fire dept, whether you like it or not. Depending on the occupancy, your insurance co will require the system be tested yearly at the least. Generally speaking, sleeping quarters are not allowed in commercial/industrial buildings, I’m sure there are exceptions, and many do except themselves anyways....their property, their rules. Fire dept usually has the last say, just saying.... if a commercial/industrial building is on fire at 2am, let’s not send guys into harms way for no reason. If it’s a residential building that calculation changes.

Also, when you own a commercial/industrial building, the insurance costs can be high, especially if you don’t have a burglar alarm. Doesn’t matter if it’s in a nice, rural, zero crime area, burglar alarm makes your insurance costs go down. It does suck when an idiot tenant who can barely see the numbers on a keypad sets it off at 1am and you get called, but that’s life.

It’s unfortunate that this happened, and the ‘lawrs’ being applied are not only racist, unjust, and unconstitutional, but if the property owner set the system up correctly, this diarrhea show would never have happened!!! I get false alarms on occasion, I can watch the cameras on my cell phone if I wake up, the cops check the exterior doors, if there’s no lights on inside, they yell, but don’t enter. And then they hang out outside and wait for me to call them back.

Back
Top Bottom