North Woods Law - Animal Planet

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yep. Overpaid for a job a lot of cops would like to do.
i knew a game warden, who became an border patrol agent after a while. He had a number of instances where he was in fear of his life as a game warden. There are plenty of bad guys hiding out in the woods, plenty of people hopping over the borders in the woods,

AHM

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ask yourself this about any group, hunters, snowmobiliers, bikers, ATV's, dog walkers.........a minority of the people cause the majority of the negativity and problems. My guess 5-10% are shitheads.

There are two facts here....the show is on Animal Planet....which is probably run by anti hunting a**h***s, and Game Wardens are always looking for the big bust. 90% of the stops they make are probably nothing...but they aren't going to show that, because that's not the agenda, and its boring.... they will show almost every stop to be a poaching or no license a**h*** doing something wrong. Which makes the people that watch think every stop is an a**h***.
If true (if), that's a bad sign.

Consider the truism that many cops go sour because
90%-95% of the people they interact with are on their worst behavior.
Some cops just can't firewall that, and grow to regard everyone as <bleep>holes.
(It would be a little bit like a fireman driving down a residential street and not even thinking,
"I bet every one of those houses has a frayed extension cord under a rug",
but rather, "I bet every one of those houses is literally on fire -
but those bastards are hiding it from me").

Well, if Game Wardens have nothing better to do in their day job(*)
but to rustle the jimmies of random sportsmen with no probable cause,
and 90%-95% of the stops have their license in order
and no undersized catch or overfilled creels,
that's no way to run a railroad - maybe we employ too many Game Wardens.
After all, hunting and fishing have cratered in the last century,
and a lot of game animal populations have expanded to fill the voids.

Imagine if cops ran around all day long making traffic stops,
but 90-95% of the time they couldn't find anything wrong.
A lot of people wouldn't put up with that.

Example: the cottage industry of YoutUbe grievance videos
by people being passive aggressive at 50-mile deep immigration checkpoints.

Heck, Stop and Frisk was ended in NYC...

Are there any malcontents who troll Fish and Game by doing things like
fly casting feathers into trout streams without a license,
but without being in possession of any fishhooks?
Or stalking deer while holding longarms without a firing pin?
=====

(*) Day job: yes they take the lead on Search and Rescue.

If we didn't have a Fish and Game to look out for violations of
Fish and Game laws, the gummint would invent some dedicated S&R capability anyhow.

xjma99

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is say the shitbag percentage is much lower as a whole. I’ve had a few interactions that were quick and sweet. Probably realized by my demeanor and seeing what I had visible that I was probably doing things correctly and that was that, on to the next guy. Like most things in life, not being an a**h*** can go a long way....although sometimes being an a**h*** is necessary/warranted, but I digress

A whole show full of hunters and fisherman, checking their license and a short BS session about hunting and fishing wouldn’t be entertaining to the masses. They wanna see blood!

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I think you see plenty of "good guys" on the show. They had a couple of guys a couple of weeks ago who were gonna shoot at a decoy. The decoy was legal, but you couldn't shoot from the road. They moved in to where it WAS legal and were ready when F&G busted up and pleaded for them not to destroy the decoy. LOL

All lic's were in order. No issues at all.

Do you think that 5-10% of their interactions are with people in violations or 90-95%? Ergo, the majority of filmed items are violations of one order or another. The show DOES go to great lengths to show good people doing things proper. This past week, there was a woman wandering around the clam beds. "She's picking up oysters. She better have a permit." Turns out she had a permit for oysters, clamming permits for everyone in her group and they were picking up trash on the way out. The folks did EVERYTHING right.

As I've probably said before, NHFG seems to be trying to put up a good face on the whole. Unlike MA. I've yet to hear a good story about MAFG. The last time I had a "run-in" was a pheasant release day 5-6 years ago. As everyone is coming out, Officer Confrontation was there. "I want everyone's hunting lic, driver's lic and LTC out. I don't care if you say you were hunting or not or if you had a gun or not. Everyone needs all 3."

Uhhhhh, it's public land, dufus. Got proof that someone WAS hunting versus just walking around??? And how about you check my HL and go pound on the other 2? It's got a description of me. And if that was adequate for F&G when issuing, why do you need the rest? Only in mAss.

Andy in NH

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Shameless plug:
NH Conservation Officers Lt. Bill Boudreau, Eric Hannett and Nick Masucci from North Woods Law will make a special appearance at the Jaffrey Fire Department's Fire Prevention Week Open House and All You Can Eat Breakfast Buffet on Sunday, October 6th, 2019 at approximately 9:00am.

KBCraig

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awwww. Ruby died. That was such a sweet dog. We saw the dog once with Lucas when he was shopping in Bass Pro Shops.
Yeah, that's sad. She was just 8 years old.

She was also Fergus's girlfriend.

(Fergus is our Golden Retriever/Husky mix who watches TV and Has Things To Say about all the animals he sees. The 1/4 Husky means he can't keep his mouth shut. Ruby was his favorite, because my wife watches all the North Woods Law shows.)

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
LOL. Those guys are mini-celebrities. Too funny.
I met one of them way up North while riding the ATV's, he looked like he was only in his early 20's, real nice guy, he grew up in the region and doesn't care much for Ma$$holes. I asked him if he has any groupies and gets fan mail. He said yes! [laugh]
I look for him in any of the episodes I may see, but he's not in very many of them.
I don't remember his name, but I do remember his trucks plate #, it's F12, he also the same plate number on his ATV.

Racenet

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I met one of them way up North while riding the ATV's, he looked like he was only in his early 20's, real nice guy, he grew up in the region and doesn't care much for Ma$$holes. I asked him if he has any groupies and gets fan mail. He said yes! [laugh]
I look for him in any of the episodes I may see, but he's not in very many of them.
I don't remember his name, but I do remember his trucks plate #, it's F12, he also the same plate number on his ATV.
And the same plate number on his sled. [smile]

Andy in NH

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I asked him if he has any groupies and gets fan mail. He said yes! [laugh]
I've heard Hannett say he gets a lot of hate mail, but that everyone he meets face to face is very pleasant.
Typical human behavior; easy to be critical from a distance, not so much in person.

KBCraig

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't really understand their claim. They were blurred out and not named in the show. Sure, locals and friends might recognize them anyway, but the show was pretty clear that they weren't the suspects.

I have much more of a problem with the CO investigating a grow operation. Yes, they're police with the same powers as any other, but they really need to stay in their F&G lane. If they have information about other criminal activity, turn it over to the local PD or NHSP.

While the Commission asks for more money because their role has been expanded (mostly search & rescue), they should avoid trying to do more than they're tasked with.

Top Bottom