North Woods Law - Animal Planet

KBCraig

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep. Overpaid for a job a lot of cops would like to do.
Most street cops couldn't do it. Aside from the knowledge of wildlife that is required, most COs operate in the middle of nowhere, where backup is a half hour or more away. They handle everything from seacoast and lake/marine environments, to the top of Mount Washington. Almost everyone they encounter is armed and usually with friends who are armed.

It requires a level of people skills much like the other kind of COs (corrections), because being able to do the job and still survive requires persuasion, not force.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Cool. I saw the episode. I'm assuming you were working with the hiker. Unless you are an owl or illegal ATV rider.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Cool. I couldn't get it to re-spool up on AP without watching most of the episode. Good for you. I watch that and think, "If I lived around there, I think I'd volunteer for that. I suck at hiking, but to help is a nice thing."

They had a juvie red tail last night. That thing was BAD-ASS and Ranger Rick was afraid of getting attacked. LOL

BigTimber

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Most street cops couldn't do it. Aside from the knowledge of wildlife that is required, most COs operate in the middle of nowhere, where backup is a half hour or more away. They handle everything from seacoast and lake/marine environments, to the top of Mount Washington. Almost everyone they encounter is armed and usually with friends who are armed.

It requires a level of people skills much like the other kind of COs (corrections), because being able to do the job and still survive requires persuasion, not force.
This.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
The flip side is that there is rarely a life-or-death moment you have to walk back from as a warden. It isn't like the guy jacklighting has a 357 to the head of a deer tellin you to "back off, Copper!" LOL

There's only been a few times on the show, that I've seen, that they get a bit huffy. Otherwise, they aren't trying to jam anyone up. But I get the point. Everyone they encounter from Oct-Jun has a gun.

Andy in NH

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
We had another carryout late yesterday afternoon.
After meeting up with F&G at the trail head and starting the hike in, I yelled to Eric Hannett, "I hope we get back in time to watch the new episode of North Woods Law tonight!"
Everyone got a chuckle out of that.

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
We just saw the latest episode, 10. Uhh.... what was up with the couple getting pulled over for swerving? Yikes. She's a psycho and he has rage/jealousy issues. All because the officer smiled at them. I'm not sure if they're perfect for each other, or they'll both be dead soon.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I'm still not sure if I'd not have been a lot harsher with the dude. But the camera never showed what was going on IN the car. So he may have suspected crazy from the start even though the BF was giving the officer a hard time for "looking at her." It's like the guy that hits your parked car in the lot - "If you weren't parked there, I'd have not hit you!" LOL

The BF needs some good advice, that's for sure. Like, "Dude. Calm her the F down. Drive home. Give her a few drinks. Get her to sleep and the STEP THE F OUTTA THERE! PRONTO!" Just wow.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Oh gosh. She was thecraycray.

My wife would like to see more animal rescues. Namely the birds. The dead-turtle thing was intriguing for sure. Bleepin crows!

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
It looks like the next season is supposed to start today, but I can't find it on Amazon Video. (I don't have any TV service.)

By the way, I saw F&G on my street this afternoon with a truck next it with NY plate. Any idea if they are actively filming? I'm wondering what's going on there as the place I saw them is just some guy's private property with no expectation anyone would ever be hunting there. In fact I never see any activity there at all, so this is interesting.

xjma99

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Says it starts at 9pm today, so may not be released yet.

Can’t wait as I was around for some filming and myself, family and friends (some, probably not all) were told we likely will be in the intro clips, and will definitely be in an episode.

Andy in NH

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Says it starts at 9pm today, so may not be released yet.

Can’t wait as I was around for some filming and myself, family and friends (some, probably not all) were told we likely will be in the intro clips, and will definitely be in an episode.
Did they take your picture and have you sign the release?

xjma99

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did they take your picture and have you sign the release?
No, I didn’t have an interaction with them that day, they did a lot of filming at the north stream nationals and I’m in many group shots, they said they were going to use some of the footage. Some people at the races did actual interviews and did sign waivers. I expect to see my bobhouse on tv for like half a second, maybe a few of my machines. We shall see!

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
9:41. Still now power. An underground transformer blew. They need to do soul remediation before replacing it. Arrgghh!!! Thankfully it’s night so it isn’t 100 degrees in my house. Only about 78 now.

Hope the power comes on soon so I can catch the rerun.

xjma99

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
9:41. Still now power. An underground transformer blew. They need to do soul remediation before replacing it. Arrgghh!!! Thankfully it’s night so it isn’t 100 degrees in my house. Only about 78 now.

Hope the power comes on soon so I can catch the rerun.
It’s gonna be a long night bro. Hope you got a generator!

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
11:20. Still no power. Can hear the genny running for lights up the street. Saw a amber-lance and fire truck earlier and we got a flicker of power. Hope no one got blowed up reconnecting it.

slap shot

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
So, after watching some Northwoods Law I have to ask the hunters. What percentage of hunters are unethical scumbags that will do pretty much anything to get a kill? This show makes a lot of hunters look like lying drooling lisping shitheads.

PatMcD

NES Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
So, after watching some Northwoods Law I have to ask the hunters. What percentage of hunters are unethical scumbags that will do pretty much anything to get a kill? This show makes a lot of hunters look like lying drooling lisping shitheads.
5-10%

Mark from MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Ask yourself this about any group, hunters, snowmobiliers, bikers, ATV's, dog walkers.........a minority of the people cause the majority of the negativity and problems. My guess 5-10% are shitheads.

There are two facts here....the show is on Animal Planet....which is probably run by anti hunting a**h***s, and Game Wardens are always looking for the big bust. 90% of the stops they make are probably nothing...but they aren't going to show that, because that's not the agenda, and its boring.... they will show almost every stop to be a poaching or no license a**h*** doing something wrong. Which makes the people that watch think every stop is an a**h***.

I will tell you one thing, Ive talked to a few women at work, and though they are generally anti hunting....they never had any idea of all the BS hunters go thru. They litterally thought we just go and shoot shit. No license, no season, no limit. I further enlighten them by telling them all the shxt we pay for. like license fees, taxes on ammo and equipment, goes towards conservation, and open spaces, paying for game wardens and wildlife management. I ask them what other group pays for that....they give me a blank stare.... No shit.[/QUOTE]

Asaltweapon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I’ve never baited but know many who have. I shot a spruce grouse by accident and now avoid spruce groves. Years ago shot a deer (one of three) who never flinched and ran off. Couldn’t believe I missed the clear broadside shot. No other deer moved, they were in my front yard. I took aim on the second largest and dropped it where it stood. An hour later I find #1 200’ away dead in the field while driving out on the driveway.

I haven’t hunted deer since. Left a deep scar.

slap shot

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I guess the honest guys don’t make interesting tv. I took hunter safety and was thinking about heading out this year. The trainee Krause came and did the spiel for my class at Chester. Seemed like a good guy.

KBCraig

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buy ammo!
The dirty little secret is that people who never hunt or fish (or canoe or kayak) pay for those who do every time they buy guns, ammo, archery equipment, or powerboats.

Given how much recreational shooters spend on their hobby, versus how much hunters spend... it's a good thing practical shooting is so popular, else hunting would be prohibitively expensive.

As for the show... I walked out of the store today after closing, about 9:30. There was a F&G truck sitting there on my way to my car, but because of the lighting I couldn't see who it was. I waved, walked over, and Glen Lucas rolled down the window. We live in the same small town, but we'd never met before.

He was waiting on information before going out to perform yet another ATV rescue (they did three the day before), so we talked about Ride The Wilds, and how Lancaster is now cut off because the town to our north closed off ATV traffic from the dirt road connecting us. I told him I was on the Fish & Game committee, and we talked about on-road ATV use (he supports them being able to register and use the roads the same as any dirt bike that has the required equipment and inspection with DOT tires), registration for unpowered watercraft to use public boat launches, etc.

We agreed on every topic discussed.

His phone call came in, so I said goodnight and wished him well.

I have to say that he's the same in person as on the show: polite, and professional.

Top Bottom