North Woods Law - Animal Planet

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
In addition, Animal Planet greenlights NORTH WOODS LAW, a new, six-part reality series that follows Maine's elite game warden service, set to premiere this March. This patrol unit navigates the Pine Tree State's rugged terrain during hunting season - one of the busiest and most perilous times of the year. Each punch of the time clock is a ticket to extreme danger and drama as undercover stings and intense rescues are all in a day's work. Whether they're tracking bears on dangerous mountains or busting drunk drivers on ATVs, these wardens risk life and limb to protect animals and serve the people of Maine.
Looked through alittle bit and didnt see this posted anywhere. I watching Animal PLanet the other day and they had a commercial for this new show called North Woods Law. At first I thought it was just some new "State Trooper" show so I was'nt paying attention, but than I heard a really thick maine sounding accent and decided to pay attention. Searched youtube and couldnt find the commercial and even Animal Planet doesnt seem to have much info on it. It bascially follows the Game Wardens around during hunting season and dealing with random problems etc. Looks like a decent show, one scene showed some guys shooting what looked like a full auto (only saw it once, no clue if it was, or even what it was) for fun and claiming "Only in Maine, yes sir!". Again sorry if this is a dupe (and I know I will find out if it is!) but after seaching for a few I didnt find anything.

http://press.discovery.com/us/apl/programs/northwoods-law/

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I was in ME for work I meet some of the guys filming that show. Pretty funny to hear stuff from the cameramen. They just want conflict on film.

el duderino

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
When I was in ME for work I meet some of the guys filming that show. Pretty funny to hear stuff from the cameramen. They just want conflict on film.
So they want it like all the other shows on history/discover/nat geo where they bitch and complain, drama this drama that. Ill have to check it out but I hope its not crap too.

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I hope it is not just a rip off of "Alaskan State Storm Troopers", where they pull their guns on some poor guy fishing in the middle of nowhere because he "might" be breaking some obscure rule.

garandman

Instructor
NES Member
Rating - 87.5%
7   1   0
I watched a fair number. They sure found some dumbasses.

Wonder if they'll be showing the NH officers giving tickets to windsurfers for not having a PFD strapped to the board, or giving out tickets to kids under 16 riding a bicycle without a helmet.

We've only run into them on snowmobile trails and they were mellow.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Update:

Maine declined renewing the contract so the new shows are now filmed in NH:

http://www.newhampshire.com/article/20161223/NEWHAMPSHIRE01/161229648
Good! Get the cameras out of Maine.

I've had enough of these wannabe super-cops showing up on my property when I'm shooting and following every law on the books... The last thing I'd want is the dildos to have a camera, and feel compelled to show off for it. Honestly, with rare exception, these fur/fin/claw types are like having a 92 year old woman as a downstairs neighbor - just sitting there waiting for you to make a tiny noise so they can bang on the ceiling and threaten to call the cops. Zero respect for privacy, property boundaries, or common sense.

Billsail

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I watched a fair number. They sure found some dumbasses.

Wonder if they'll be showing the NH officers giving tickets to windsurfers for not having a PFD strapped to the board, or giving out tickets to kids under 16 riding a bicycle without a helmet.

We've only run into them on snowmobile trails and they were mellow.

Unless they're hiding behind a tree with a radar gun, issuing speeding tickets.

mwalsh9152

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Unless they're hiding behind a tree with a radar gun, issuing speeding tickets.
I went one ONE trip snowmobiling in NH. We were in Pittsburgh, came around a corner and ran right into a radar trap. Given the trail, we weren't speeding, but thats not shit I want to deal with when out on the trails! Never went back to NH

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I went one ONE trip snowmobiling in NH. We were in Pittsburgh, came around a corner and ran right into a radar trap. Given the trail, we weren't speeding, but thats not shit I want to deal with when out on the trails! Never went back to NH
I've seen them running radar on the ATV trails in Berlin last Summer.
There was a posted speed limit (25) and we all saw the signs, me and my friends were riding mellow anyway, then one knucklehead blasted right past us in a cloud of dust. A few minutes later, we went down around a bend and saw F&G had him stopped and was writing him a ticket.

Billsail

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
The trail I was on opened up to a big open field about 300 yards distance to where the trail entered the woods again. It was one of a few spots where you could "exercise" the machine. The terrain on the trails seldom allowed you to even reach the "state mandated" (for safety) speed limit of 25mph. It was an area where most riders would open it up for a few seconds after a slow ride through the woods.

They were hiding in the trees at the edge of the field, near the trail entrance. We were warned by a group going the other way but apparently the small group behind us didn't get the memo, and just like Zappa, they blew by us leaving whiteout conditions! They must have thought we were a bunch of girly-men, putting across a beautiful flat field at 25!

They got nailed.

EDIT: Apparently the NH statewide speed limit has been increased to 45mph, unless otherwise posted, since the last time I sledded there. Been a while.

Last edited:

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
yeah, just what we need, frigin cops being jerks in the middle of nowhere. I have watched a few of those shows. They typically revolve around them getting an unsubstantiated "tip" from some disgruntled citizen, and then storming off to do illegal searches and coersion at the "perp's" home.

shiprec13

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
yeah, just what we need, frigin cops being jerks in the middle of nowhere. I have watched a few of those shows. They typically revolve around them getting an unsubstantiated "tip" from some disgruntled citizen, and then storming off to do illegal searches and coersion at the "perp's" home.
Pretty much how every episode I saw went.

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I like the episodes where they put a mechanical deer decoy within sight of a roadside, then watch the rednecks in their trucks pull over and take a shot at it from the drivers seat! [laugh]

MP-In-The-Wind

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've enjoyed watching it....(Maine episodes)... the inlaws have a place in Mid Coast Maine (Northport), so a lot of the towns/areas...I KNOW! 8^)

NHKevin

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've been snowmobiling in ME and been through speed traps on the trails. I've seen the ME trout troopers pull over sleds plenty of times.

Top Bottom