• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

North Shore Shop

I already reached out to them and was told they don't do the work I am looking to have done to my SW99

If you really have the .45 nobody is going to do anything to that gun. Hell there's not even a lot of factory sights that fit it properly. (or there weren't at the time). .

That gun is somewhat of a unicorn. If its broken I'd just send it to the factory. If the DA trigger aint good enough, dry fire it about 50,000 times and it'll improve.

-Mike

If its a SW99 that needed sights its not that Northeast arms does not work on those guns or do that type of work, its that parts for that particular gun are not available, and to custom make and fit sights for a $200 gun would exceed the value of the gun itself in parts and labor

Some things are better left alone

If its a SW99 that needed sights its not that Northeast arms does not work on those guns or do that type of work, its that parts for that particular gun are not available, and to custom make and fit sights for a $200 gun would exceed the value of the gun itself in parts and labor

Some things are better left alone

i.e buy a different/better gun....

i.e buy a different/better gun....

Those guns aren't bad but they have a lot of limitations, including the fact that a lot of +P ammo will make the gun jam. (ESP the infamous 185+P Golden Saber load by remington) I think the bore axis being stupid high has something to do with it.

Also fun, under the right circumstances you can BUMP FIRE an SW99 .45... because the reset is pretty damned short. My friend used to get 2 and 3 shot bursts out of his... [rofl] I had one too, but I didn't have the right technique, apparently and I could never get it to do it.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom