North Leominster Rod and Gun Club

• Thread starter Deleted member 22390
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 22390

Anyone have anything to say about this club? How are the ranges? The facilities? I just bought my first shotgun and i dont have alot of land to go shooting on my property so Im looking at some local clubs and this one is right down the road from my house. any info would be greatly appreciated! Thank you[smile][smile]

Unless you're talking about skeet don't get too excited about shooting your shotgun. You're only allowed one or two patterning shots at 50 yards. The pistol and rifle ranges are off limits

Unless you're talking about skeet don't get too excited about shooting your shotgun. You're only allowed one or two patterning shots at 50 yards. The pistol and rifle ranges are off limits

Plenty of people practice with slugs on the rifle range and people look the other way. The main problem is people using shot to tear up the target hanging bulletin boards

I'm a member as well. If it wasn't so far away, I would love it.

There are 50/200/100 yard berms on the rifle range, and 50/25/15 yard berms on the pistol range.

The pistol/rifle ranges, IME don't see very much use, except on Saturdays and Sundays leading up to hunting seasons.

Also, someone else mentioned not having any place to shoot your shotgun. As long as no one else is using the pistol range, the 50yd pistol berm has a section of target holder designated as shotgun targets. There are distance markers from 0-50 feet leading up to the berm, so you can pattern your shotgun at various distances. If anyone else is shooting on the pistol range, though, the closest you can shoot is 50yards.

Additionally, if no one else is using the pistol range, and/or you all go downrange, I've never had a problem shooting in front of the official firing line (like if I wanted to practice drawing and shooting at 7 yards).

ya itd be with slug since the shotgun i got has a rifled barrel so sabot slugs for me! but im looking at the leominster sportsman assoc. they have a section of range just for shotguns

Last edited by a moderator:
ya itd be with slug since the shotgun i got has a rifled barrel so sabot slugs for me! but im looking at the leominster sportsman assoc. they have a section of range just for shotguns

If you're shooting slugs, you can use the rifle range, and have your pick of 50/100/200 yard targets.

IMO, the only things NLRG are missing is some action pits and a bar.

Back
Top Bottom