• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

North East Shooters Get Together

Can you make Oct. 8-10 weekend?

• Total voters
C-pher said:
Yea, the plan would be that Mom and the kid would stay AWAY from the fireing line.

I was under the impression that the camp site and the range were going to be far enough away from each other as not to require ears and eyes.

Like I said, my wife is only going for the camping, as I thought there were going to be other wives doing the same. If that's also not true, then that will be good to know as well. As if my Wife is just going to be sitting around the camp site alone, I don't know if she's going to want to go as well.

I'm just trying to figure out a way to keep my whole family happy, and I still get to camp and shoot.

I just know that the wife WILL NOT shoot while we're there.

If the range is right next to the camp site, then I don't want to bother with the children. And I know that we're not going to know most of this until you guys shore up the plans.

But I just wnat to have an idea ss this date is coming pretty quick.

C-pher, don't know what the eventual deal will be. I have done a "preliminary contact" with another gun club in NH that looks relatively small and unlikely to allow/have camping on-site. IF (big if here) that is the case, the campsite will be ~!0 miles away and hearing protection won't be needed. [lol] My experiences are in MA and I've never been to a gun club that had on-site camping facilities of any sort.

My Wife's idea of camping is a hotel room without a coffee pot in the room! [twisted] Regardless of what happens, we won't be camping. It will either be a "day trip" or motel.

C-pher, problem was that the club folks here were trying to communicate with seems to have problems keeping a dialog going, so I turned to a NH friend and he spoke with a club president who is interested in accommodating us at his club. My NH friend is joining that club this week, but has been friends with the club president for a while. Facilities at that club may or may not be as grandiose as where some were trying for, but if a club doesn't keep up their end of the dialog, we'd end up with nothing. So, we'll just have to see where this goes!

Better a good, but less than great, club that has a good attitude, than a fantastic facility that is indifferent to us.

Sounds like a plan to me, Len. I suggest we figure out where we'll camp at, and hold our after shooting BBQ and socializing there.

My wife plans on going, but she's also a shooter. I'm not sure if she'll shoot, but, I'm sure she'll go to the range with us.

I'll also be traveling down that Friday, due to the distance involved, and camp that Friday PM as well.

C-pher said:
Yea, the plan would be that Mom and the kid would stay AWAY from the fireing line.

Ummmm, ya know when Patrick and I have kids, I'm going to make HIM stay away from the firing line with the kids- let us not discount the fact that there are Moms who shoot and Dads who must be supportive [twisted] [wink]

Oh, and now that I'm off my soapbox, Patrick and I should be able to make at least part of it. It's the 2nd Saturday of the month so we'll both be coaching the BFSC at the MRA, but afterward we may be able to get there.

SiameseRat said:
C-pher said:

Ummmm, ya know when Patrick and I have kids, I'm going to make HIM stay away from the firing line with the kids- let us not discount the fact that there are Moms who shoot and Dads who must be supportive [twisted] [wink]

With my daughter and son-in-law, they take turns doing stuff like that.

SiameseRat said:
C-pher said:

That would not be a problem if she liked to shoot. But being that she wants nothing to do with it, that was the plan. There are many things she does where I stay with the wee one. We each have our own things that we like to do, and support each other with that hobby.

Camping

The Hopkinton Club www.hsasports.com has a large grass area which could be used for camping if the board can be talked into it, and a place to park campers, but not electric/water hookups for campers. There is a garden hose on the ourside of the building though.

If there is sufficient interest, I can talk to the club president. Any proposal would have to be revenue-positive for the club and, if there will be a large number of people camping, a portable "S-Unit" will be need to be rented since the restrooms in the clubhouse are one holers and the building is on a septic tank.

The ranges are close enough to the lawn to be a not too long walk, and far enough so you don't need hearing protection until you get to the ranges. As a bonus, the club has a pretty good attiitude, as evidenced by the fact that they recruited a IPSC shooter to be their president.

No full-auto by town bylaw though :(.

Due to MA laws, there was NO desire to hold this in MA.

No-ban mags/AWBs are a 1-10 years felony (for each item) in MA with NO exemptions for visitors, so we are not an "event friendly" state.

Moderator said:
No full auto. [cry]

But I would still go

After shooting an M60 for the first time yesterday, I have decided to go on strike. If there's no M60, I'm not going.

Well. But then I'd miss out on meeting everyone.

Alright, I'll go. But I reserve the right to pout! [wink]

Well... I can barely fit all the pistols in my gun case, so I might try to bring them all. Ask Nickel how many I brought... I had folks drooling over some of them. And I don't really think that I have a large collection, either.

I mean, I still want a P99, and a G22, an SKS, an M1, a Lee Enfield (not sure which model; have to ask for advice from my friend who collects them), maybe an AR-15, too... it was kinda fun to shoot this weekend.

Ross

Yea, I was trying to think what I would bring as well. I know that I would need to get more pistol cases if I bring them all.

I know that I was planing on bringing the TC so people could try out a .308 pistol. That's always fun.

Other than that, like SR it's the basics. ARs, lever actions, bolt actions. Nothing really old... But it's what you can shoot with others taht's going to be fun.

I'm sure that I'm going to leave this planing on spending money of things that I thought that I wanted, but wasn't really sure but know that I do after.. LOL! :D

Okay, do we have a firm location and date yet?

In reading all the posts, I don't see a firm (final?) location or date.
Can the "people in charge" repost the current status?

I am at Ayoob's LFI training in Dunbarton NH that week, but I would like to stop at this OktoberShootFest if it was close and/or if people would still
be there on Sunday night or Monday.

What are the current plans? or at least potential plans?

Thanks.

Moderator said:
SR, It's not what you have, It's how much of other pepoles toys you can play with [wink]

Well said TypeO- that's why I'm trying to figure out who's got what so I know which of you guys I want to get in good with before the shoot! [twisted]

Well SR ya know I just picked up that AK.... But I will have all mine, there's not much.

2 Jennings .22's
Davis p-380
Beretta 9000s (just fixed it today)
S&W 6904
WASR 10 (romainian)
BUshy M4A2

I know, I'm first in line to get to shoot yr AK because I need to make sure that's the next rifle I buy.

I'd like to shoot your beretta, too. My next pistol purchase was supposed to be a 92FS, but I wound up with a Glock instead. I love my Glock, but I still want a beretta...

All tentative as Jim was meeting with some folks at a Nashua club tonight . . .

Most likely Oct 8th for shooting and October 9th for shooting the breeze, eating and heading home. [Club schedule may necessitate a change of dates.]

Location is most likely a Nashua, NH club.

Cost is likely to be in the vicinity of $300, split amongst those that show up.

Camping is most likely going to be ~10 miles away, unless Nickle finds something closer.

Shopping is very abundant and nearby. It's not far from the infamous :) Daniel Webster Hwy (aka "the DW") and Pheaant Lane Mall.

Motels are abundant with the Red Roof Inn coming recommended as quite reasonable and nearby.

Jim will let MrsWildWeasel know the details and she'll coordinate this project.

Back
Top Bottom