• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

North Carolina police seize gun in drug bust altered to look like Nerf toy

NHCraigT

NES Member
North Carolina police say they uncovered numerous firearms while carrying out a drug raid at a local home this week, including one pistol that was altered to look like a toy gun....
The Catawba County Sheriff's Office said in a press release that investigators found a Glock 19 pistol and a 50-round drum magazine that been painted blue and orange and labeled with the Nerf logo in order to resemble a toy.

1616174292429.png

Attachments

• 1616174383071.png
    1616174383071.png
    68 bytes · Views: 43
I bet if the stock and other black parts were painted to match they wouldn't have looked twice, they could have messed with the grip a little too to change the look. It looks obviously glock. Remove finger groves/logo, add magwell extension, paint the mag release/slide stop/trigger.

This is still my favorite
1616174844525.png

I bet if the stock and other black parts were painted to match they wouldn't have looked twice, they could have messed with the grip a little too to change the look. It looks obviously glock. Remove finger groves/logo, add magwell extension, paint the mag release/slide stop/trigger.

View attachment 463578
Nintendo Entertainment Systems = NES [rockon]

Ohio was looking into laws against disguising a firearm as a toy back when Tamir Rice was shot
Yeah, Bloomberg had some proposals in NYC back in the day. Leaned so hard on it that at least one contemporary resident of the Big Apple still believes it was actually the law.

I always wondered what the response would be when a police officer comes upon a person with such a gun.

It has an orange tip.

That means it's not a real gun.

If Bloomberg made a law that all toy guns must have an orange tip, that would save a lot of lives.

I always wondered what the response would be when a police officer comes upon a person with such a gun.

It has an orange tip.

That means it's not a real gun.

If Bloomberg made a law that all toy guns must have an orange tip, that would save a lot of lives.
so who makes orange thread protectors in 1/2x28?

View attachment 463578
It would be a like a moped, its fun but dont let your friends see you with it. However, i always liked that one and would have got one if the price was not stupid.

It would be a like a moped, its fun but dont let your friends see you with it.
article-2717030-2047F2C300000578-296_636x382.jpg

Painting? Hornady sells pink bullets.
766904.jpg
The side-view of an expanded round (the one on the left on box)
looks like a bare-footed person face-down,
with their toes dangling over the end of the mattress.

Once you've seen it,
you can't unsee it.

Last edited:
I showed the thread to The Bride just now;
and with the small hint that,
yes, the thing you're supposed to see
was in one of those two expanded rounds on the box,
she said, "toes?".
[rofl]

P. S. She also said, "Tell them: 'you should try living with him'".

Back
Top Bottom