• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

North Carolina boy, 8, dies after being shot in chest with BB or pellet gun: cops

Reptile

NES Member
Authorities said it appears that the shooting was accidental
An 8-year-old boy died Sunday after he was accidentally shot with a BB or pellet gun while playing with another child in North Carolina, according to authorities.
The incident occurred Sunday at a home in the Stony Point community, located about 55 miles north of Charlotte, according to a news release by the Alexander County Sheriff's Office.

"Upon arrival officers discovered that an 8-year-old child was struck in the chest with a single shot from a BB or pellet gun," the release said.

Time to ban hi capacity magazines, high powered bullets, AR's and anything with a collapsable stock.

When we were younger and stupider my group of friends would throw sweatshirts on and take turns shooting each other in the back with a pump BB gun. You start with 1 pump and keep going up until someone quits. I don't know where this kid's parents were, but somebody should have been there to make sure he put a sweatshirt on first.

When we were younger and stupider my group of friends would throw sweatshirts on and take turns shooting each other in the back with a pump BB gun. You start with 1 pump and keep going up until someone quits. I don't know where this kid's parents were, but somebody should have been there to make sure he put a sweatshirt on first.

we used to shoot each other with bb guns when we were kids, running around the yard like chickens - heads were off limits.

we used to shoot each other with bb guns when we were kids, running around the yard like chickens - heads were off limits.

We played that game with wrist rockets and grapes. Amazing the bruise a grape can leave on you if it’s moving fast enough.

Everyone I grew up with had BB gun wars. Only rule was, no more than three pumps (Harris always cheated!) and no face shots, and no pellet guns, because we all new those would give you lead poisoning. One of my friends still has a BB in his chin from his own brother hitting him with 8 pumps. I had a rock rifle that they would let me use because they thought it was inferior. It was a sling shot mounted on a rifle stock that a local guy made. I almost broke a kid's ankle with it. I can't imagine how more of us didn't die.

that is very sad news to hear. like others, growing up with bb and pellet guns it seems very odd to hear about something like this. It probably wasn't a bb, as it would be very hard to do that much damage to a person in the chest with a bb. Maybe some type of hunting pellet that could get penetration to hit an organ? And a very powerful and expensive pellet gun I would imagine. Wonder if the kid was wearing a shirt at the time.

I'm glad you all had your eye protection.

That's horrible. I can't even imagine how the friend and parents feel.
I bought my son a BB gun for Christmas he's six. I was going to give it to him without my wife knowing because she said he was too young. I hope she doesn't see this article.

Shock and adrenalin do amazing things. I cant even count how many times my friends and I shot each other with bbs. RIP.

Wow, it sucks about the kids and the parents. RIP little guy.
When we were kids we discovered those cake decorating bb size balls, silver dragees, would work in red ryder bb guns. They would disintegrate on impact, sting and leave poof mark as proof of the hit. Great fun.

I feel slower than usual today. How does a bb shot wound lead to a cardiac arrest, again?
Or they imply a panic attack because of the shot caused that?

We played that game with wrist rockets and grapes. Amazing the bruise a grape can leave on you if it’s moving fast enough.
We would take balloons and cut the tops off soda bottle and make our own wrist rockets lol. A neighbor around the corner had these thorny bushes with little red berries that stunt and left a nice red splat lol

I feel slower than usual today. How does a bb shot wound lead to a cardiac arrest, again?
Or they imply a panic attack because of the shot caused that?

I'm curious as well. I was one of those kids running around shooting each other. We used Crossman 760's supposedly the 3 pump limit. Everybody cheated. Especially for the long range shots. We all survived. Nobody shot their eyes out either.

highly dependent on the bb/pellet gun. Pump BB guns are not very powerful. Hurt yes, penetrate yup. Kill , very unlikely.
Theres some powerful pelletguns out there. i dont want to know the outcome of a close shot from a 18gn pellet going 1000 fps at close range? Especially if it hits a vital area.
For get the 25 cal plus rifles.

Pellets and pellet guns have advanced considerably since we all shot each other with BB guns. Gamo blue and red flame pellets traveling at 1,000-1,200 FPS are going to mess some tissue up, especially on an 8 year old. .177 would be enough, but .22 would be even worse. Not saying that’s what hit him, but even a simple pointed pellet would mess up an 8 year old. Wadcutter maybe not so much, but I wouldn’t want to find out.
9F9AD84A-BA1F-47F2-BFF3-6A5D23F422E7.jpeg

That's horrible. I can't even imagine how the friend and parents feel.
I bought my son a BB gun for Christmas he's six. I was going to give it to him without my wife knowing because she said he was too young. I hope she doesn't see this article.

trust me - the wives know EVERYTHING !

We had an abandoned apartment complex that was turned into a 'shoot house'.

I never really got into it, but I had friends that did. We mainly went there to drink beer once we got our licenses.

we learned to keep our heads down.
one of us had a steel army helmet.
one would put on the helmet and go over the bank and stick his head up enough so we would see the helmet.
others would shoot at them to try to hit the helmet.
I think we weren't using pump guns at that point just the simple lever action bb guns.

My ex brother in law shot me with a bb gun from across the room. He thought it was funny. Im glad he is gone.

Back
Top Bottom