• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

North American Police Sniper summit at HSC

If there was a hole in the roof of the protection at the 85-yard range from "a .38," I seriously doubt that round was sent from the firing line of the 200-yard range. Be a hell of a shot with a .38.
Not really...

A "hell of a shot" would have landed closer to its target... [thinking]

You can find people online shooting such distances in places configured for such things. I've fired a 22LR pistol (22A) at 100Y and hit a 10" plate reliably aiming only a little high (and that's a much weaker cartridge...)

It's irresponsible and dangerous given the configuration of the 200/300 area to even attempt this (i.e. DON'T!!!!), but there is no reason to doubt that the hole in the roof was a result of some idiot doing exactly that from the stand-point of physics...

Or, someone may have fired a shot out the roof of the 85 yard range.
That directionality should be reasonably obvious - but I have not inspected the hole myself... So, I don't know... Just pointing out that getting a bullet there from 200Y is not a feat of magic - just stupidity... [wink]

If there was a hole in the roof of the protection at the 85-yard range from "a .38," I seriously doubt that round was sent from the firing line of the 200-yard range. Be a hell of a shot with a .38.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmMEg4y54Dk
if this guy can shoot a G27 uphill at 230 yards, some guy can try to hit the gong on the 200 with a .38.

its not unthinkable to think that someone would try.

Back
Top Bottom