Norma MHP in SIG P365XL

Looking to see if anyone has experience with using Norma Monolithic Hollow Point (MHP) in a SIG P365XL?

I have used them in a standard SIG P365 -- shoots fine, manually cycles fine.

In a SIG P365XL -- shoots fine, but does _not_ manually cycle well at all. A majority of theses rounds will jam rather than eject cleanly, when manually racking the slide.

Input / experiences welcome. Thank you.

Have you tried other ammo and had the same results? If so, my first guess would be an extractor not functioning properly.

Have you tried other ammo and had the same results? If so, my first guess would be an extractor not functioning properly.
Other ammo manually cycles fine, both FMJ target rounds and some hollow points I have on hand. It now looks to me that it could simply be the length of the MHP rounds; they're slightly longer than other ammo. It's odd that the MHP cycle fine in P365 but not in P365XL, but that seems to be the case. I'm picking up some additional carry ammo (other brands) and will try those soon. If it's just the MHP rounds that have this problem, I'll make sure only to use those in the P365. Thanks for replying.

Back
Top Bottom