• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Norinco mak 90 question

btnh6668

NES Member
Does anyone know of a reputable gun smith that could install a side rail on my Mak 90? I am really not a fan of the dust cover rails. Id prefer to use someone with lots of experience who wont hack up my receiver. Thanks

There's also the AK Master Mount, they basically replace the trigger pins with screws. I've used one one my Arsenal to attach RS Regulate with no issues.

It's basically a no-solder side rail. And it's reversible so long as you keep the trigger pins.

There's also the AK Master Mount, they basically replace the trigger pins with screws. I've used one one my Arsenal to attach RS Regulate with no issues.

It's basically a no-solder side rail. And it's reversible so long as you keep the trigger pins.

I hadn't seen that. Interesting product, but expensive.

No kidding. So you just use the existing holes for installation. This would definitely be a preferred method.

No kidding. So you just use the existing holes for installation. This would definitely be a preferred method.
Correct. My 106F doesn't have a rail but I wanted to red dot it. So I got the mount. Popped out trigger pins, aligned the rail, screwed new pins in to retain it. Nearly instant side-rail. Then put on my RS Regulate as normal. Not cheap, but probably cheaper than $15 for a rail and then paying to have it added, plus it's reversible and you can move it to other AKs or put it on a new one if you sell the current one.

I am pleased with it.

Mak90 steel is surprisingly hard. I installed a side rail and bought a mount and russian scope.
Only took me a mags worth to say wtf.
Shot well enough but i just felt like it was not needed. The mount and scope was one of the first things i sold on NES.
any on remember tantal , all the cool AK gear guy. He pas sed some time ago but I got everything i needed from him along with scopes/mounts mags .

Last edited:
My only AK rail is what the WASR came with. I had a cheap red dot I'd gotten in a trade, so I keep it around as a "guest gun" for beginners who can't shoot. If SHTF, that AK is earmarked for the worst shooter around.

It's a stable mount location, I'll say that for it. I'd never mount anything at all on the dust cover.

Back
Top Bottom