Norinco BWK-92 AK 47 Good / Bad ?

Lopro

NES Member
I am interested in buying a Norinco BWK-92 which is a basically a MAR 20 but in 5.56x45mm instead of 7.62x39 do any of you have any experience good or bad with this gun ?

My reasoning is that I already load 5.56x45mm for my AR and always wanted to have a AK .

Not a bad AK started off as an 84s but had to be Bush'inized(King George I).

An unmolested one would fall towards the collector side as one that was restored to semi former glory maybe not so much....as long as it stays 922r compliant with the original trigger group and not a G2 trigger,but Mags are an issue and it's hard enough to get them for a good price let alone US made floorplates and followers.

Good shooters,mags are pricey.

thanks I have been reading about them as much as possible, kind of torn between BWK-92 AND THE MAK-90 , I think finding out information about any weapon is as much fun as owning them.

Interesting....

As a matter of fact I put a deposit on a norinco nhm90 in 5.56 today. I'm heavily vested in 5.56 and want a AK in that caliber as well. I'm having second thought after discovering the mag issue ($80 for a mag is too much for a gun I want to use ) I also have concerns about if it has been properly a d legally converted to a AK style gun

Are there any mag alternatives???

There seems to be some alternatives but according to most of what I have have read you need to stick to the Norinco or Polyteck but both are very expensive, there are Bulgarian clear Waffle mags 5.56 that are cheap and work according to a few site I have been on.

I guess I will find out if I buy it.

There seems to be some alternatives but according to most of what I have have read you need to stick to the Norinco or Polyteck but both are very expensive, there are Bulgarian clear Waffle mags 5.56 that are cheap and work according to a few site I have been on.

I guess I will find out if I buy it.

I went back to the shop that I had the deposot nhm90 in. 223 and dug through a few boxes of AK mags.... I scored 3 norinco 30 round. 223 mags for, wait for it..... $60! Nope not $60 each, $60 for all of them!

So I'm getting a nhm90 that has already had a 922r compliant pistil grip/buttstock conversion with 4 mags for $525. Couldn't be more excited!

I went back to the shop that I had the deposot nhm90 in. 223 and dug through a few boxes of AK mags.... I scored 3 norinco 30 round. 223 mags for, wait for it..... $60! Nope not $60 each, $60 for all of them!

So I'm getting a nhm90 that has already had a 922r compliant pistil grip/buttstock conversion with 4 mags for $525. Couldn't be more excited!

Wow! You made out like a bandit!

Nice job see diligence's pays off , always happy when someone actually makes out on a deal.

Love it! Went and picked it up and went straight to the range for a beat run..... from what I've read these can gave some "collectable " value because of how few.there were in. 223 imported ( mine is early import with out the year part of the serial number and an original threaded muzzle ) I don't give a crap, this thing is going to get used. My new shtf gun. Probably the best deal on a "black gun" I've ever found
2011-12-30_15-01-11_41.jpg

I am really glad you made out thats a once in a life time deal , if you wouldn't mind emailing the place you found the mags at I would owe you one [wink]

Have a great New Year

Back
Top Bottom