• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Noob needs advice on where to hunt...

Don't be an ass. Don't paraphrase my words. Taking quotes out of context like that is exactly how the liberal press operates. [angry]

If you hunt at all and have a shred of intellegence you know damn well there are plenty of yahoos that will empty their guns at moving animals without proper thought to what is behind the deer or to the ethics of efficiently harvesting the animal. You hear it all the time during shotgun season. In rapid succession, Pow, pow pow, pow, pow.... "Yup there is another spray and pray moron. Probably totally missed that deer or even worse wounded it"

I have personally witnessed this happen numerous times. Worst case was a buddy of mine and I were in two stands 80 yards apart. He had a deer 10 yards away from him as Two guys came walking down a cart path about 50 yards away completely oblivious of us or the deer. The deer stood there watching them and got ready to bolt. My buddy blasted it through the lungs at 10 yards. As you know deer many times run off a short distance, this one did. They saw it run and both emptied their guns at the deer and it fell over when it reached the cart path a ways down. Chunks of lungs were splattered on the tree behind where my buddy shot it and a clear blood trail to where it fell over. They ran up to it and tried to claim it. Only one hole in it though the chest and it was from neither of their guns. They did however hit plenty of trees.

And people wonder why I hunt archery season...[thinking]

I will go out shotgun and BP, but I prefer to be deep in the thick stuff in that case.

Why buy another blind? Buy a couple extra of the walmart 5 dollar orange vests and hang them over the top of the blind so people can see the orange from any direction they may approach.
Good point.

Someone could very easily fire in your direction not knowing you are there and a blind is not going to stop a slug.
Another good point.

Ok, you convinced me.

Question: Is BlazeCamo pattern legal in MA?
Vest%20-%20Blaze%20Camo-01.jpg

Good point.

Another good point.

Ok, you convinced me.

Question: Is BlazeCamo pattern legal in MA?
Vest%20-%20Blaze%20Camo-01.jpg

My experience with ranger danger is that they he hassle you for stuff like that. Do not know if that pattern is technically legal or not, but I do know they have a color check card, and if the orange part does not match orange the exact color, they will fine you.

My experience with ranger danger is that they he hassle you for stuff like that. Do not know if that pattern is technically legal or not, but I do know they have a color check card, and if the orange part does not match orange the exact color, they will fine you.

Never had a problem myself. Been checked several times.

Regardless he will be wearing normal orange. He is just going to use the camo orange to put on the outside of his blind for extra safety so it will not be an issue.

I am new to hunting and I am looking for a place to hunt dear but have no idea where to go. I have all my licenses and would like to bow hunt the season then possibly shotgun. I live in North Andover (northshore). I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could either point me in the right direction as to where to start bow hunting. Has any of you hunted the Harold Parker State Park in Andover? Thx.

I am new to hunting and I am looking for a place to hunt dear but have no idea where to go. I have all my licenses and would like to bow hunt the season then possibly shotgun. I live in North Andover (northshore). I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could either point me in the right direction as to where to start bow hunting. Has any of you hunted the Harold Parker State Park in Andover? Thx.

i'm from the south shore so can't help you with the state park you mention but Check here for places to hunt.

Back
Top Bottom