• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Non resident shooting in NH

I vacation in the Conway area of NH from Mass, does NH require an LTC to shoot at a range in NH? I'm looking for a place to shoot when I come up in August for a week. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I vacation in the Conway area of NH from Mass, does NH require an LTC to shoot at a range in NH?
New Hampshire does not require a LTC for non-residents for anything.
Even for residents, the only in-state benefit of the P&R is the exception in RSA §159:14 in making a private sale.

He might have meant as a member. Probably all club ranges require LTC to join
Some clubs have that requirement, as a a proxy for a background check to weed out prohibited persons.

Last edited:
He might have meant as a member. Probably all club ranges require LTC to join, but "public" ranges where you rent a gun for a while, those don't.
Heh.

My NH club's FB page posts memes that would make most of NES blush.

Hell no, we don't require an RPL (no such thing as "LTC" in NH).

I vacation in the Conway area of NH from Mass, does NH require an LTC to shoot at a range in NH? I'm looking for a place to shoot when I come up in August for a week. Thanks in advance.
Yes, there are/were some ranges with CYA policies. Nothing mandated by law. These are mostly due to using a range to commit suicide.

An example you may be referring to was "If you don't have a PR/LTC you must shoot with a Range Officer:" Another is "If you come alone, without a firearm, you cannot rent one of ours".

I would check the range you intend to visit. Enjoy your vacation.

Last edited:
Just pull off rt3 and start blastin’
Jesus, you trying to get him arrested or something?

Per state law (NH RSA's 207:3-a, 207:3-c, and 644:13), you may not shoot across or within 15 feet of a road, or “within 300 feet of a permanently occupied dwelling without permission of the owner or the occupant of the dwelling or from the owner of the land on which the person discharging the firearm is situated.”

He has to get OFF the road and also make sure no nearby houses. You can't just pull over and use your truck bed as a shooting stand anymore!

You’re going to New Hampshire on vacation for a week and you still need to hit the range while you’re there?

Back
Top Bottom