non-resident permit with MA restricted LTC-A

I tried to search for previous threads, but I didn't find anything. So sorry if this is a duplicate.

I was recently issues a LTC-A with a target and hunting restriction. If I applied for a non-resident permit in another state (I was thinking Florida because that would give me reciprocity with a number of other states), would I have the same restrictions? Or would I not be able to get one because I can't carry concealed here in MA?

It would seem odd that I could carry in a lot of states except MA, but it actually wouldn't surprise me that much, being MA and all. If anyone is familiar with this type of situation, I'd appreciate any input.

Depends on the state. NH, for example, statutorily will give you the permit, but there has been confusion in the past which led to some people being denied.

Florida will issue you a non-res. permit even if your home state doesn't issue permits, or if you just don't have one. The non-res. let's you carry in 26 states, so it's a great one to have, and $140 for a 7 year license in 26 states is a pretty good deal IMO.

You can use the Florida permit to apply for a permit in other states like NH who sometimes don't issue unless you have an un-restricted permit.

It varies state by state, some states only cops can carry (IL, WI, HI, etc.).

It would seem odd that I could carry in a lot of states except MA, but it actually wouldn't surprise me that much, being MA and all. If anyone is familiar with this type of situation, I'd appreciate any input.

This is exactly the case. My MA LTC is restricted (for now) yet I have obtained fully functioning permits from FL, NH, and many others. In fact, my home state is on the very short list of states where I can't carry.

Back
Top Bottom