• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Non Resident Permit (Processing Time)

Does anyone know how long it takes to process a non resident permit application? I'm at about 75 days right now with no response. I wonder whether I should call, or file an appeal for administrative denial, or just keep waiting and see what turns up.

l'd call the Special Licensing & Firearms Unit. They are typically pretty easy to deal with.

I called on October 29th with questions pertaining to the application.
At that time I also inquired about processing time, and was told that it would be four to five months.

The application check was cashed pretty quickly, but when I last checked, the fingerprint fees had not been.

I applied for a CT non resident 3 weeks ago. Unless somebody has more current information I am hearing that the wait time is 4-5 months? Also this is the second post where people have referred to "my check was cashed on dd/mm". I had to submit bank checks with my application ( 3 separate check all made out to Treasurer, State of Connecticut... What a joke!). Are you calling the bank and asking them to tell you if checks are cashed? But the real question is whether 4-5 months is the real processing time.

Thanks.

I just recieved my non-resident pistol permit last week. It took 2 months, give or take a few days. Can not remember exactly what day I sent it in, but it was the last week of June for sure.

I applied for a CT non resident 3 weeks ago. Unless somebody has more current information I am hearing that the wait time is 4-5 months? Also this is the second post where people have referred to "my check was cashed on dd/mm". I had to submit bank checks with my application ( 3 separate check all made out to Treasurer, State of Connecticut... What a joke!). Are you calling the bank and asking them to tell you if checks are cashed? But the real question is whether 4-5 months is the real processing time.

Thanks.

Just received mine today. Total time for mine was 89 days including having to be re printed because my "fingers weren't rolled". I also sent three USPS money orders and sent everything USPS Return Receipt requested. I did receive the receipts.

All in all, a pretty smooth process.

Jay

Just got my permit in the mail yesterday, I had dropped it off Dec 31st. Had to go back 2 weeks later and have my prints redone. So technically 10 weeks from resubmitting my prints.

Back
Top Bottom