• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Non Resident LTC

I understand your reasoning. Another issue is that it can be very hard to determine whether a particular mag is preban or not. Witness the Glock preban magazine thread here...

IANAL, but this is my understanding...

That Glock mag is dated "9/13/94" not because it was manufactured ON 9/13/94, but because federal law required such markings during the ban...

1. Glock mags are generally not marked with a date.
2. Federal law required that any "large capacity" magazine manufactured between 9/14/94 and 9/13/04 be marked to indicate "post-ban" manufacture. One of the acceptable methods was by imprinting "9/13/94".
3. Based on #1 and #2, a Glock magazine with the date of "9/13/94" imprinted on it IS a post-ban magazine.

IANAL, but this is my understanding...

That Glock mag is dated "9/13/94" not because it was manufactured ON 9/13/94, but because federal law required such markings during the ban...

1. Glock mags are generally not marked with a date.
2. Federal law required that any "large capacity" magazine manufactured between 9/14/94 and 9/13/04 be marked to indicate "post-ban" manufacture. One of the acceptable methods was by imprinting "9/13/94".
3. Based on #1 and #2, a Glock magazine with the date of "9/13/94" imprinted on it IS a post-ban magazine.
And is therefore illegal. But not because it was manufactured on 9/13/94 -- it wasn't.

And if you possess one of these, I strongly suggest that you either dispose of it or get it out of state pronto, as possession is a felony. And I would delete online posts that admit to possesses them.

that would be my understanding as well. I was also told that the G32 mags I got from "dealer to be un named" were preban, till I got pulled over only to find a cop who actually knows his sh*t about pre/post ban tell me they were not! How can a mag marked .357 sig be preban when the round wasn't invented till 97? I had no idea, and was lucky enough to have him let it slide! I immediately returned the mags to the dealer and explained, and he had no idea either.

This is exactly what I am trying to say...it could be pre or post...who wants to be the one that dishes out the cash to try and prove it for 60 bucks worth the mags...

I must say it is enjoyable to have a civil discussion on this matter...Its nice when everyone can understand each others points...

CHSB or whatever they call themselves now is blowing hot and cold. Not long ago the word was that they would unrestrict after a year, or that they may have been game-able with a dog and pony show. Some of it might depend on how one constructs their "need" statement in their application. If you put a big dog and pony show in there, they might be less likely to hassle you.

For awhile they were also just lying to people, too... would go something like this:

Applicant: "So is my license going to be issued unrestricted?"
Smarmy state douche guy: " There shouldn't be any problem. "

(much time passes, guy gets envelope with license in it)

Applicant: "That f**king weasel lied to me- it says Hunting and Target on it. "

-Mike

This is what happened to me. The guy told me that since I previously had an unrestricted MA LTC-A they would just treat it as a renewal and I should be fine. When I finally got it in the mail = Restrictions: Sporting.... WTF... So I'll reapply next year and see what happens.. but if it come back restricted again, I probably wont renew the following year.

Back
Top Bottom