Non Resident CT Pistal Permit "Processing Time"

Say NES members,
Just wondering if anyone has recently applied and been "processed" . I have heard a variety of different answers as to how long it actually takes?

If you have been "processed" recently, could you chime in here and share how long it took? For 150 bucks you'd think they could get the job done with out having to go a century.

Jack

Hi Kevlar,
Thanks for the link. Yes, I saw that, and decided to post another on account that CT, DOP just announced that they are now procession out to 8 to 12 weeks. If only month, I could live with it. But, it seems they doubled the fee and doubled the time needed to issue. I'm just trying to stay in complicance. Not the greatest news.

BTW, I'm going to apply in all New England States. It just seems to makes sense, but timely and costly, tough.

I submitted my packed, and it arrived in CT State Police Feb 8. Haven’t heard a word yet. Although there is a pandemic going on but no idea if they’re still processing

I applied On August 12th, 2020. For a Non-Resident.

Sent email Monday and the response give was that it would be 3-4 months from the time it was wntered i to the system. They told me it was entered on 9/8/2020.

They also told me my application was still pending waiting outcome of background check.

However part of it done on 9-15-2020 when they requested my Texas LTC info from Texas. (Texas law requires them to notify us anytime anyone requests info on our LTC)

So theoretically speaking, 4 months from 9-8-2020 would be 1-8-2021. So hopefully i will have it before the end of the month. (January)

Sure beats Illinois. I wont get that back till end of March! If that early!

Just received my CT non-resident LTC/CHL on March 6th, 2021.

The date in on the LTC says it was issued on 2-18-2021.

They received my application pack back on August 13th. According to Fed Ex Tracking.

Thus it took... 189 days to approve... and another 16 days to receive in the mail in Texas. Or 205 days total.

Before the arrival the coronavirus, my last CT non-resident renewal took exactly 18 minutes, in person in Middletown.

Sorry to keep bringing back a dying thread, but I can't for the life of me figure out the email to request the packet. When calling, there is a message to email, I've tried [email protected] and [email protected] and I keep getting bouncebacks, they really should break down the voice recording clearly. Anyone have the proper email address to request the package?

Sorry to keep bringing back a dying thread, but I can't for the life of me figure out the email to request the packet. When calling, there is a message to email, I've tried [email protected] and [email protected] and I keep getting bouncebacks, they really should break down the voice recording clearly. Anyone have the proper email address to request the package?

shmich, it looks like you have a typo in the email address. It should be [email protected]

Anyone tried calling their Middletown number and successfully reached a human on the other side? The email is a dead end.

Last edited:
Anyone tried calling their Middletown number and successfully reached a human on the other side? The email is a dead end.
860-685-8494 worked fine for me last week. The call lasted 35 seconds according to the call log on my phone, and I received the packet 2 days later.

sent email requesting packet in December, never heard back. called the CT Special Firearms Licensing Unit (SFLU) early March after going to a barracks that didn't have the paperwork when I happened to be driving by one. SFLU sent me the nonres packet and I received it within 3 days. I sat on the paperwork for a couple weeks but finally got it filled out and mailed late April roughly the 24th, check cashed early May around the 10th, nonres permit showed up Monday the 29th.

so roughly a month mailed in and received back. not a renewal, finally got around to do it, should have years ago.
calling the SFLU directly was great. the woman took my info and dropped the packet in the mail that day.

Where do I get the packet? I’ve called and emailed the place on their website and haven’t gotten any reply.

Where do I get the packet? I’ve called and emailed the place on their website and haven’t gotten any reply.
like I said in my post above yours, I had no luck emailing. I called the SFLU and spoke with a real person, a very nice woman who took my name and address and dropped the paperwork in a manila folder and I received it no longer than 3 days later. that or if you are near one of the main CT trooper stations they should have it, but as I stated above, the barracks I went to did not have the paperwork. they had in state paperwork but not the nonresident stuff. this was the Somers barracks.

just call the SFLU during business hours and request it. they will take your name and address and get it sent out to you lickety split. good luck, I found the process easy, and the return time reasonable.

Back
Top Bottom