• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Non-Resident CT permit renewal; on track.

allen-1

NES Member
Connecticut appears to be on track with non-resident permit renewals.

My permit expires in the beginning of November.
CT mailed me a renewal form in August.
I sent it back in with check and photo on 08/06.
They cashed my check yesterday, (09/17).

Update: Permit arrived in today's mail, (9/19).

Last edited:
I was worried that my check wasn't cashed in 2 1/2 weeks. Was going to call them tomorrow. Thanks for the update. They must have plenty of cash on hand when it takes them almost 6 weeks to process a check.

:rolleyes:

I applied on August 12th, that’s the date they officially received my application. Per fed ex tracking. This is my initial application and not a renewal.

I am in Texas and applied for the Non-Resident license. When I called to have the application package sent to me, the lady told me would take 4-5 months, closer to 5 months for me to receive my permit once they have revived the application back.

On September 15th Texas notifies (As required by law) that Connecticut requested information on my Texas License to Carry, and what information they provided to Connecticut. Texas law requires them (DPS) to notify us anytime anyone authorized requests information and what information was provided.

That’s only 30 days after my application was received, the cashiers checks for all the fees, were cashed on September 9th.

So I am wondering if my application really will take 4-5 months to get. But I doubt I will get it before the end of the year. It is interesting that they don’t just process it aT once like some states.

I am also waiting on my Utah, Illinois, Florida, and Arizona.

Back
Top Bottom