Non-Res LTC application requiring home state license

On the non-res LTC application, it states you must include:
Photocopy of Home State License to Carry Firearms: All applicants must submit a photocopy of both sides of their home state license to carry firearms. If your home state does not issue firearms licenses, you must submit documentation confirming this fact.

How does this work for NH? Do I have to go and obtain the NH permit, even though it's not required other than for the "perks" like reciprocity and snowmobiles, or would a copy of the law regarding constitutional carry suffice?

I don't feel like going to the PD and waiting 1-2 weeks for the NH license, after having to already go to the bank for a money order (personal checks not allowed) and down to Chelsea for the interview.
Then again I'm sure it's setup to be a nuisance by design.

I'm guessing I'll need to get the NH license.

How does this work for NH? Do I have to go and obtain the NH permit, even though it's not required other than for the "perks" like reciprocity and snowmobiles, or would a copy of the law regarding constitutional carry suffice? ...I'm guessing I'll need to get the NH license
Correct -- you need a NH resident license.

The exception would be if your home state doesn't issue at all, e.g. vermont: "If your home state does not issue firearms licenses, you must submit documentation confirming this fact"

Then again I'm sure it's setup to be a nuisance by design..
MA NR process is better than it was a few years ago, but still intentionally difficult.

Correct -- you need a NH resident license.

MA NR process is better than it was a few years ago, but still intentionally difficult.
That was my conclusion. I already filled it out and will get it going ASAP.
Between this and another club application I'm going through plenty of paperwork.

Back
Top Bottom